• Thread starter IrishCaveman
  • Start date
  • Views 7,443
IrishCaveman

IrishCaveman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The Xbox One Ui Update is rolling out soon.

If you are a preview memeber you can select to opt in or out of this update.
The new dashboard has it's problems shown in the dashboard app in the know issues tab.

To opt in you need to go into the dashboard preview app, then go select registration, select change and within there is the option to opt in.

You will then see a status pending and you should get a message when you are able to download it.

For more info check out this article (which I haven't read, I just googled it :tongue:)
http://www.windowscentral.com/heres-whats-broken-first-wave-new-xbox-one-experience-preview

Vino

Vino

Undercover LV
VIP
Retired
Bright Idea Mythical Veteran Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
Man, the bugs list is pretty bad. I wouldn't even accept this if I was still in the program.

MrAssassin

MrAssassin

Nothing is true, Everything is permitted
Reaction score
Sin$
I would love to opt-in but damn that issue list is big. I really don't want something to mess up and my i have to install my games as that would take about 50hrs lol. Hopefully I will be still able to opt-in later when they fix half of the issues.

IrishCaveman

IrishCaveman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I am taking the risk and opting in, All my games are digital but most are stored on an external drive so a factory reset would be annoying but not a huge problem.

kill1uk

kill1uk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
has anyone got an update yet?, way some things are worded on a few websites reads as people have the update and using it now

IrishCaveman

IrishCaveman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
A lot of websites are basing their article on the known issues section and using recent pictures from the latest glimpse with the updated content compared to the E3 Footage.

So far there is no proof that anyone has it yet and I'm sure everybody will know within an hour of the first batch being sent out.

R

RobTheGreat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
A lot of websites are basing their article on the known issues section and using recent pictures from the latest glimpse with the updated content compared to the E3 Footage.

So far there is no proof that anyone has it yet and I'm sure everybody will know within an hour of the first batch being sent out.
When is the first wave?

Adamgm10

Adamgm10

The Kid
Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I hardly play my Xbox One (This generation is complete garbage right now) so I opted in.

M0B5TA

M0B5TA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I got the message from xbox last night about opting in. I use my xbox daily and im not sure about this one :/

IrishCaveman

IrishCaveman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
First wave date hasn't been confirmed.

The people with the most feedback points from the preview system get it first, they have said this will be select few.
Then it will be opened wider, to people more down the list in feedback scores. Iterations are going to be fast but they haven't said how long of a wait the second wave would be.

My guess would be its out tomorrow/the weekend for the first wave and possibly out next week for the second wave.
I believe the first wave is because of the huge list of issues, which the high feedback users will report more of and hopefully solve some before it goes to the second wave.

I'm checking updates each day & night and I will keep you guys posted.

Ryan

Ryan

Retired
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Santa's Helper Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
I've went and registered to be a part of the new experience, despite how big the issue list is I honestly don't mind, as it'll be going public in November so the issues should be fixed by that stage.

xIce101x

xIce101x

H2 Legend
Experienced Veteran Frame In Gold AzzidReign Jr
Reaction score
Sin$
I opted in. I have 305 points in the beta program so hopefully that's enough to get me first wave. I don't play Xbox much anymore so the bugs list didn't bother me.

II Rated R II

II Rated R II

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Man, the bugs list is pretty bad. I wouldn't even accept this if I was still in the program.
I almost did not not opt in as well because of the bug list, but then I remembered it would only be for a couple of months and it should be worth it to have early access to the new UI.

IrishCaveman

IrishCaveman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I opted in. I have 305 points in the beta program so hopefully that's enough to get me first wave. I don't play Xbox much anymore so the bugs list didn't bother me.

I wouldn't hold your breath for the first wave, in about the same as you but a lot of people are over the 1,000 mark and some with 2,500 of which they are only making a "select few"

Unless they just give it to anybody with over 200 points and the people who never submitted feedback will do it from now on to ensure further early early access to updates

kill1uk

kill1uk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I wouldn't hold your breath for the first wave, in about the same as you but a lot of people are over the 1,000 mark and some with 2,500 of which they are only making a "select few"

Unless they just give it to anybody with over 200 points and the people who never submitted feedback will do it from now on to ensure further early early access to updates
thats unfair on new people to the team, i have likr 625 points and joined the preview program this year, and i give alot of feedback

IrishCaveman

IrishCaveman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
thats unfair on new people to the team, i have likr 625 points and joined the preview program this year, and i give alot of feedback

It is, I joined a long time back but stopped playing xbox for a while over work and then started gettgin back into it over the last 3 months but there hasn't really been any new surveys or quests since then and I don't have a windows phone/tablet to do the current one.

I was also a part of the original kinect beta and had it sent to me couple of months in advance and gave feedback throughout that as well as the 360 dashboard preview.

But whatcha gonna do :banghead::whistle:......

Top Bottom
Login
Register