• Thread starter ExaltedHierarch
  • Start date
  • Views 57,188
ExaltedHierarch

ExaltedHierarch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay guys I'm making this because it would have greatly reduced my search time on this subject a few days ago when I was having a problem with my rep. Yes... I had this problem and fixed it in a few days. This will hopefully serve as a definitive guide for everyone with this issue. I'll try to be brief and put it all here nice and convenient...

What is rep? Why did this happen?
https://enforcement.xbox.com/home

That will tell you most of what you need to know about the rep system - you can also check your current rep, and even view the number of reports filed against you in the past 6 months on that site.

The website has proven unreliable to some in regards to displaying current rep, so my recommendation is to simply keep checking your profile either on the Xbox One itself or via the Xbox App.

Microsoft Won't Help!
Don't bother calling support or contacting the enforcement team on their forums - they'll all tell you the same thing: that the only way out is to play with a high volume of players without being reported.

That's Right, You Have to Play!
I'll be up front about this - it really sucks and it really is the only way out. It will take a while too - getting out took a few days in my case.

You're probably wondering how this is possible considering that "Avoid Me" rep is also a matchmaking ban. The answer is that there are a few playable games, and fortunately the most effective ones for raising your rep are both free to play.

Playable Games
-World of Tanks
-Fortnite Battle Royale **Please someone confirm that Fornite is healing rep**
-Plants VS Zombies GW 2
-DC Universe Online*
-Battlefield 1*
-Battlefield 4*
-Halo MCC*
-Some CoDs*
-A few arcade games.

*= Needs to be confirmed/Limited playlist access with "Avoid" rep. List updated 06/05/2018.

The Fastest Fix, and Why
The fastest way to raise your rep back up to clean is to play games with a lot of players. This is why I suggest World of Tanks - IT'S FREE and it also ignores the Microsoft rep filter. The matches are 15v15, so that's 29 new players every match, and you can also leave the match after dying (without penalty), select another tank, and then join a new match... This places you in 2-3 29 player matches at any given time - which is a huge amount of players compared to most games. You will start with 1 tank and only be able to do 1 game at a time but each tank you buy increases the amount of games you're able to be in simultaneously.

Hate World of Tanks? No worries!
Option 2 is as follows.

*UPDATE 06-05-18*
Fortnite Battle Royale - this one works! It's also free with 100 player matches and quite a blast to play. Fortnite matches can for sure be entered with an "Avoid Me" rep; however, it remains unclear whether or not this has a positive contribution towards your reputation.

If anyone can confirm that Fortnite is in fact healing their rep that would be great!
*End Update*

Here's why it works so well - reputation is a simple statistical analysis of your players encountered compared to how many reported you. In simplest terms, the rep is an "average" of what people think of you with negative reports being heavily weighted against you - in only takes a few in some cases. Playing with more people who don't report you will curve your average back up to where you want it - the more players, the better. That's why the huge influx of literally 100+ players per hour on WoT or Fortnite is ideal for fixing your rep.

Also, don't be a jerk! Remember, the goal is to not get reported. No trash talk. No messages. No playing like a nub. As long as you behave yourself and keep your head down, nobody will notice/report you.

How Long Will it Take??
Like I said, you're probably in for a few hours to a little less than a week. It completely depends on those two factors mentioned earlier - number of players encountered and the amount of those players who reported you. If you play lots of crowded games like GTA and Battlefield, then it will likely take you longer since the influx of players from WoT won't be too much greater than what you're already exposed to.

On the other hand, if you play less populated multiplayer games like Dark Souls or even Halo (4v4 isn't really a lot of people compared to 29) then you'll likely be out much quicker.

My specific answer, after receiving quite a lot of reports for unsporting conduct on Chivalry (I was in pretty deep), is that it took me 3-4 days of playing 2-3 hours a day of WoT.

It's completely relative to your own stats though, so don't expect the same results. Just BE PATIENT and try to enjoy the games. The two top suggestions are actually quite fun.

What Doesn't Work...
Don't have people like your clips/news feed items. It's just a waste of time and it won't raise your rep.

Don't have people get on the 360 in order to submit a "preferred player" on you - the 360 and the One have two totally different rep systems and this fact has been stated by Microsoft.

Also, the other method somebody tried to link in the comments below "to be done in a matter of hours" does not work as per my own experience. You have to do this the hard way it seems.

Back up to "Needs Work" Rep? You can now continue raising your rep on whatever game you like!

Good luck, feel free to post any questions.

Please feel free to contribute by listing any games that you were/are able to play online with randoms (matchmaking works) with your avoid rep.

Don't message me on XBL! I'm not keeping any secrets! It's all right here!

Last edited:
UnKnownEntity

UnKnownEntity

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i had a bad rep on xbox one after playing certain multiplayer games with some annoying people. that was back in april i haven't played my xbox one since and i just checked it and its just about perfect now. lol

so what does this mean...i didn't play any games...guess you can wait it out to.

i had 5 reports against me for msg's and 3 for cheating. smh cheating.

ExaltedHierarch

ExaltedHierarch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i had a bad rep on xbox one after playing certain multiplayer games with some annoying people. that was back in april i haven't played my xbox one since and i just checked it and its just about perfect now. lol

so what does this mean...i didn't play any games...guess you can wait it out to.

i had 5 reports against me for msg's and 3 for cheating. smh cheating.

Oh yeah.. People will report you for cheating or unsporting because it can't really be proven. They're usually just mad at you for one reason or another.

Your theory is correct though - your average rep is only based on your previous 6 months of reports/players encountered. This would mean that when you got back on X months later that a few of those reports that pushed you over the limit would now be irrelevant.

A

Aimedhalo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay guys I'm making this because it would have greatly reduced my search time on this subject a few days ago when I was having a problem with my rep. Yes... I had this problem and fixed it in a few days. This will hopefully serve as a definitive guide for everyone with this issue. I'll try to be brief and put it all here nice and convenient...

What is rep? Why did this happen?
https://enforcement.xbox.com/home

That will tell you most of what you need to know about the rep system - you can also check your current rep, and even view the number of reports filed against you in the past 6 months on that site.

The website has proven unreliable to some in regards to displaying current rep, so my recommendation is to simply keep checking your profile either on the Xbox One itself or Smartglass.

Microsoft Won't Help!
Don't bother calling support or contacting the enforcement team - they'll all tell you the same thing: that the only way out is to play with a high volume of players without being reported.

That's Right, You Have to Play!
I'll be up front about this - it really sucks and it really is the only way out. It will take a while, too. A few days in my case.

You're probably wondering how this is possible considering that "Avoid Me" rep is also a matchmaking ban. The answer is that there are a few playable games, and fortunately the most effective one for raising your rep is a free to play.

Playable Games
-World of Tanks
-Battlefield 4*
-Halo MCC*
-Some CoDs*
-A few arcade games.

*= Needs to be confirmed/Limited playlist access with "Avoid" rep.

The Fastest Fix, and Why
The fastest way to raise your rep back up to clean is to play games with a lot of players. This is why I suggest World of Tanks - IT'S FREE and it also ignores the Microsoft rep filter. The matches are 15v15, so that's 29 new players every match, and you can also leave the match after dying (without penalty), select another tank, and then join a new match... This places you in 2-3 29 player matches at any given time - which is a huge amount of players compared to most games.

Here's why it works so well - reputation is a simple statistical analysis of your players encountered compared to how many reported you. When that ratio gets really high in favor of those who reported you, you become placed in a different category of reputation based on your average. Playing with more people who don't report you will curve your average back up to where you want it - the more players, the better. That's why the huge influx of literally 100+ players per hour on WoT is ideal for fixing your rep.

Also, don't be a jerk! Remember, the goal is to not get reported. No trash talk. No messages. No playing like a nub. As long as you behave yourself and keep your head down, nobody will notice/report you.

How Long Will it Take??
Like I said, you're probably in for a few hours to a little less than a week. It completely depends on those two factors mentioned earlier - number of players encountered and players who reported you. If you play lots of crowded games like GTA and Battlefield, then it will likely take you longer since the influx of players from WoT won't be too much greater than what you're already exposed to.

On the other hand, if you play less populated multiplayer games like Dark Souls or even Halo (4v4 isn't really a lot of people compared to 29) then you'll likely be out much quicker.

My specific answer, after receiving quite a lot of reports for unsporting conduct on Chivalry (I was in pretty deep), is that it took me 3-4 days of playing 2-3 hours a day of WoT.

It's completely relative to your own stats though, so don't expect the same results. Just BE PATIENT and try to enjoy the game. It's actually quite fun.

What Doesn't Work...
Don't have people like your clips/news feed items. It's just a waste of time and it won't raise your rep.

Don't have people get on the 360 in order to submit a "preferred player" on you - the 360 and the One have two totally different rep systems.

Good luck, feel free to post any questions.
If someone has bad rep ...they deserve it obviously if they redeem themselves fine but I don't feel like anyone should try to help someone if they have received such negative feedback.

ExaltedHierarch

ExaltedHierarch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If someone has bad rep ...they deserve it obviously if they redeem themselves fine but I don't feel like anyone should try to help someone if they have received such negative feedback.
I'd agree with you, but the system is flawed. In my case, a few kids literally said oh hey his rep says needs work, let's report and then he'll be "avoid me." Literally. Just like that. My rep was "needs work" prior to this simply for being good in a jet on GTA and the Chivalry community is stupidly competitive - another game I'm good at.

Imagine you literally only play Dark Souls and you have really good gear - you go online and wreck 4 kids. 2 think you're too tough, and report you for cheating...or maybe they don't like your taunt, so they report for unsporting. Boom, 4 people encountered total, 2 reported you, and you're on "avoid me." Stuck there until you play with a lot more than 4 players who don't report you. For people like me who play mostly unpopulated games (I hardly play GTA any more), this is a big inconvenience.

90AWDeclipse

Reaction score
Sin$
There might be something else factored into the rep system. I have been in "Avoid me" rep since the first week of June, so it has been over two months. I have played 50+ hours of hardline, a decent amount of Bo3 and overwatch. My reports have been erasing as the months I recieved them in are no longer in the 6 month window. Yet my rep has not changed. I did receive some recent cheating reports for doing well in hardline, but how can I help that.

ExaltedHierarch

ExaltedHierarch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
There might be something else factored into the rep system. I have been in "Avoid me" rep since the first week of June, so it has been over two months. I have played 50+ hours of hardline, a decent amount of Bo3 and overwatch. My reports have been erasing as the months I recieved them in are no longer in the 6 month window. Yet my rep has not changed. I did receive some recent cheating reports for doing well in hardline, but how can I help that.
From my understanding, a report against you while you're already in questionable rep is like 10x worse than previous reports made when your rep was still good. Like I said, cut back on the teabagging and hatemail. Sounds to me like it's more than just the average report - you may have someone keeping you added just to occasionally report you. This happened to my friend and here's the fix:

Change your privacy settings to only display you as online to your friends - everyone who you don't add will simply see you as "offline." It's not a perfect fix, but given what we know about people, it's reasonable to assume that your offender(s) will eventually get tired of scrolling down through offline players to find your name and occasionally report you.

Bottom line, this system is flawed. I have an account that's 11 years old and when I got "Avoid Me" it only took 3-4 days to fix it. This leads me to believe that you're not being entirely upfront about your in-game/messaging sportsmanship (or lack thereof)...

Either that, or you just upset the wrong group of people who may be still reporting you. Either way, try playing World of Tanks. You will meet 100+ new players an hour and (a little unfortunate, but necessary) you won't be anywhere near good enough to tick off the people you're playing with. You'd have to try kinda hard to get noticed in WoT. Just keep your head down.

NO MESSAGES TO RANDOMS THOUGH - this gets you reported faster than anything.

90AWDeclipse

Reaction score
Sin$
Since I have been in Avoid me rep, I have just been playing normal. I never send hate messages, the only thing on my enforcment report is cheating. When I first chekced it, it was 108 reports lol. I'm not going to play worse to please other people. If I am spawn killing you in hardline is it cheating? I don't think so, I do whatevers needed to do the best I can. I'm just glad I can make unlimited accounts.

ExaltedHierarch

ExaltedHierarch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Since I have been in Avoid me rep, I have just been playing normal. I never send hate messages, the only thing on my enforcment report is cheating. When I first chekced it, it was 108 reports lol. I'm not going to play worse to please other people. If I am spawn killing you in hardline is it cheating? I don't think so, I do whatevers needed to do the best I can. I'm just glad I can make unlimited accounts.
I'm not suggesting you play "worse" - I'm suggesting you play something else. Clearly that community already dislikes you.

But really though dude? You're actively spawn-camping people and looking online for solutions to having bad rep... Are you 12 years old or just clueless? Meaning no offense, but really? Reallllyyy??? You don't deserve help - I'd report you for that too, man...in a heartbeat. Clean up your act.

Viper187

Viper187

Reaction score
Sin$
I got Avoid Me like 6 months ago for idling Titanfall. Last I saw it was still there. Hey, it's not my fault the devs couldn't be bothered to import stats from the 360 version. I already did it once. I wanted it maxed out again. I spent over 6000 hours on Halo Reach dealing with idiots idling and hiding in firefight and never being able to avoid them. All we need is a straight up block list to never see people who irritate us again. This rep system stuff is garbage. Nice to know it'll reset by the time Gears 4 comes out. Now it's just a question of whether that'll be worth playing.

ExaltedHierarch

ExaltedHierarch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Waiting a flat-out 6 months isn't a guaranteed (or timely) fix. If you want to be guaranteed clean for GoW 4, then I suggest you try to actively raise your rep here and there before it releases.

Viper187

Viper187

Reaction score
Sin$
Waiting a flat-out 6 months isn't a guaranteed (or timely) fix. If you want to be guaranteed clean for GoW 4, then I suggest you try to actively raise your rep here and there before it releases.

Well, if it's still a problem, I have another account I could use for stats. Arguably, it could be a good thing if they still have bots in MP. Get "avoid me," and enjoy nothing but bots.

Viper187

Viper187

Reaction score
Sin$
Well, I've got an odd problem now. My profile comes up "Avoid Me" on XB1, BUT enforcement.xbox.com says my rep is "Good player" and I have 0 feedback. I can't get into any matches on Gears 4 or Halo MCC. Not much else to try.

Professional

Professional

Admin
Administrator
Hidden Devils
Programmer Bug Finder Supreme Bounty Hunter
Reaction score
Sin$
Or you could just use the method posted by Kakashi and fix the issue within hours.

90AWDeclipse

Reaction score
Sin$
I'm not suggesting you play "worse" - I'm suggesting you play something else. Clearly that community already dislikes you.

But really though dude? You're actively spawn-camping people and looking online for solutions to having bad rep... Are you 12 years old or just clueless? Meaning no offense, but really? Reallllyyy??? You don't deserve help - I'd report you for that too, man...in a heartbeat. Clean up your act.

So you would report me for spawn killing you? You spawning in my line of sight is the games fault, not mine. Should I just walk away and say, " o he just spawned I need to give him a fair chance." You can't be serious. It's an FPS where the goal is to eliminate enemy players. I have been on both sides of the fence. I remember the days of cod4 shipment or hacked lobbies in mw2, where I would just get constantly spawn killed. Absolutely no chance to do anything. I never once reported them for cheating, and what I am doing is nothing like that. Do you support participation medals and awards for kids who don't win? I would guess yes. If you are bad at something you need to realize how bad you are, otherwise you will never improve. Instead, people just resort to blaming connection or the other guy is cheating, rather than admitting they are being outplayed.

Pennies

Pennies

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Can u prefer me my gamer tag is rovers
nGF6I2M.jpg

ExaltedHierarch

ExaltedHierarch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So you would report me for spawn killing you? You spawning in my line of sight is the games fault, not mine. Should I just walk away and say, " o he just spawned I need to give him a fair chance." You can't be serious. It's an FPS where the goal is to eliminate enemy players. I have been on both sides of the fence. I remember the days of cod4 shipment or hacked lobbies in mw2, where I would just get constantly spawn killed. Absolutely no chance to do anything. I never once reported them for cheating, and what I am doing is nothing like that. Do you support participation medals and awards for kids who don't win? I would guess yes. If you are bad at something you need to realize how bad you are, otherwise you will never improve. Instead, people just resort to blaming connection or the other guy is cheating, rather than admitting they are being outplayed.
I think the vast amount of salt you're feeling is affecting your ability to read. Participation medals? Not that I don't get the joke, but dude...I'm here making an article to help people who got reported - do you honestly think I'm the same scum reporting them for every little thing? I'm trying to help, you idiot. Think before you speak. If your behavior is getting you poor rep then you'd be stupid not to fix it.

EDIT: Actually after rereading all you said then yeah I'd report you. You're within that minority of gamers who deserve trash rep. Lmao - spawn killing until everyone hates you then you run online and complain about them like it's their fault. Ahhh, children... 
Can u prefer me my gamer tag is rovers
Well, dude, if you actually read the post you would know the answer is no....

Boxxy Babee

Boxxy Babee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
*Sigh* Guess I'm playing me some World Of Tanks. Ugh. Just not my game at all, but I guess thats what you get when you play a game with a Cancerous community like Overwatch Comp, that just report anyone they lose to.

Top Bottom
Login
Register