• Start date
  • Views 1,299
Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xanadu247

Reaction score
Sin$
I have an xbox one s here that was shutting off after 6 seconds. Troubleshooting it, i found 3 16V caps that were underpowered. I replaced the caps and reflowed the southbridge as i wasnt getting usb power and it now powers to a display. The first display was an update screen and it started to grab the update from ethernet, but failed to verify it. I checked the hdd with hdd master 8 and it cant read from the system update partition. I scanned the hdd using hdd regenerator and it found 3000 or so bad blocks at the beginning of the drive and froze at about 2GB scanned. drive is obviously fubar.

I tried a new drive, prepared it properly with hdd master 8 for use in the xbox and copied the lastest osu1 to system partition in folders A and B and put updater loose on its root, following youtube video from andrew paul, etc. No matter what i do, the update doesnt take (tried 3 usb sticks with OSU1 on root) and always fails at 0%. I have no problem getting to the troubleshooting menu. With 3 new drives i tried, it always says something went wrong and troubleshooting menu appears.

Putting the broken original hdd in it repeats grabbing the update but always fails.

The OS is 1904.

I think the nand is somehow corrupt from the failed update and bad hdd.

Is there a way to repair the nand?

Or would somehow obtaining the exact Os 1904 that failed be what i need? No source on the internet has these OS?

Any help would be appreciated?

Last edited:
X

xanadu247

Reaction score
Sin$
issue sorted. For those using windows 7, dont use the native zip extractor. For some reason it extracted files with 0 kb. I used latest 7zip to unzip osu1 and all is good now. Console is updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register