Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaykae

Jaykae

Removed
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Reporter
Reaction score
Sin$
Basically, I have four controllers, two for my standard XB1 and two for my XB1S. the two for the standard work fine, but...
Only one of the S's controller works wireless/wired. the other will only work when it's sitting next to the XB1S or if it's hard wired.

I've tried syncing it, power cycling the XB1S. nothing seems to work. I move away from the XB1S and it starts to blink, if I go right next to it, it connects.

It's doing my head in! I've tried everything I could think of and even tried to contact XBOX support, they don't know either.
I've tried disabling 2.4ghz and 5ghz on my router and it's the same!!!!!!!!! :frown: :thumbsdown:

If I take it apart - what am I looking for in terms of trying to fix it???????????

Fogel

Fogel

Call Me Mclovin!
Reaction score
Sin$
Basically, I have four controllers, two for my standard XB1 and two for my XB1S. the two for the standard work fine, but...
Only one of the S's controller works wireless/wired. the other will only work when it's sitting next to the XB1S or if it's hard wired.

I've tried syncing it, power cycling the XB1S. nothing seems to work. I move away from the XB1S and it starts to blink, if I go right next to it, it connects.

It's doing my head in! I've tried everything I could think of and even tried to contact XBOX support, they don't know either.
I've tried disabling 2.4ghz and 5ghz on my router and it's the same!!!!!!!!! :frown: :thumbsdown:

If I take it apart - what am I looking for in terms of trying to fix it???????????
Have you tried updating the controller and power cycling the Xbox?

Extinct

Extinct

絶滅
Super Moderators
Content Team
Bug Finder Frame In Gold Glitcher
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$

Sounds like it has a bad signal or some ****. Try updating it as said above or just use one of your other 3 controllers.

Jaykae

Jaykae

Removed
Reaction score
Sin$
Have you tried updating the controller and power cycling the Xbox?

Yes! I've tried updating it and power cycling too and nothing is working...

Sounds like it has a bad signal or some ****. Try updating it as said above or just use one of your other 3 controllers.

Yes I could do that but would rather get this working too.

Extinct

Extinct

絶滅
Super Moderators
Content Team
Bug Finder Frame In Gold Glitcher
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes! I've tried updating it and power cycling too and nothing is working...

Yes I could do that but would rather get this working too.
Is it a new controller or old? Just return it if it's new, if it's old then it's probably ****ed up because they make controllers like **** these days. The signal must be bad and that's why it only picks it up right next to the Xbox or while hard wired.

S

schitzotm

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
So you say the 1708 controller doesnt work?
This is an issue likely in the mobo itself.
(Providing you have done the simple things like replace the batteries and updated software)
You can purchase a new mobo but used theu tend to run 20-30 bucks. And thats not including the tools to take apart.
New they tend to be closer to the cost of the controller.
I bought a few 1708 controllers through kohls online. (Yeah a clothing store) they were marked at a price of 27.95 each.
They were the white xb1s 1708 controllers. I personally wouldnt waste my time repairing it.
Shop around, someone always running a smoking deal.
This isnt too bad: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wi...fter-deal-new-white-xbox-one-s-controller?amp
Deals to be had everywhere.

Jaykae

Jaykae

Removed
Reaction score
Sin$
Is it a new controller or old? Just return it if it's new, if it's old then it's probably ****ed up because they make controllers like **** these days. The signal must be bad and that's why it only picks it up right next to the Xbox or while hard wired.

Yeah, it's old. I gave up now.

So you say the 1708 controller doesnt work?
This is an issue likely in the mobo itself.
(Providing you have done the simple things like replace the batteries and updated software)
You can purchase a new mobo but used theu tend to run 20-30 bucks. And thats not including the tools to take apart.
New they tend to be closer to the cost of the controller.
I bought a few 1708 controllers through kohls online. (Yeah a clothing store) they were marked at a price of 27.95 each.
They were the white xb1s 1708 controllers. I personally wouldnt waste my time repairing it.
Shop around, someone always running a smoking deal.
This isnt too bad: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wi...fter-deal-new-white-xbox-one-s-controller?amp
Deals to be had everywhere.

Yeah, going to shop around and see if I can get a cheap one... I have others I can use so not that bad.

Cheers. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register