What's new

Hardware Mods Xbox One PSU Converted to Xbox 360

R

RCCFanatic

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello everyone. This is my first post ever on this forum and honestly I am only doing it because I didn't see the answer before hand. A couple months ago the PSU for my Xbox 360 Elite fried because some idiot plugged it into 220v on accident! ? Meanwhile I had an old 110v Xbox One PSU just laying around. Finally looked at the outputs and saw the Xbox One had higher rating than the 360. Perfect I thought so went to changing out the cables. Now I have my Xbox One PSU with my 360 cable and can play my 360 once again! I just figured this might be a benefit to someone else who maybe burnt up or has a failed original 360 that they need a PSU for. I know you can still buy some PSU's on Ebay for a price but hey if you have an extra PSU for the Xbox One why spend more money. As far as wiring both PSU's were very similar.

Xbox 360 PSU model # HP-A1503R2:
Yellow- 12v, Red- 5v, Black- ground, Blue- PSU on

Xbox One PSU model # PB-2221-02MX:
Yellow- 12v, Red- 5v, Black- ground, Blue- PSU on, Grey- PSU 5V ground

So wiring was as simple as swap color for color and make sure not to short anything with extra solder. As far as the extra gray wire in the Xbox one PSU I just cut it long and soldered it to the Black ground. Put it in the case and away I went!

***As always keep in mind you are dealing with a 110v(potentially 110-220v) AC/DC power supply. If you decide to do this make sure you are confident in what you are doing and like every other hardware mod out there if you screw up its on you.***

Like I said this was mainly to just get it out there in case someone else in a similar situation needed the idea. I am sorry if this should belong in a different section of the forum. I hope that this would be of some use to someone. If not I at least feel better knowing I could've potentially gotten someone out of a bind.

HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Scaling the Mountain Programmer Odysseus' Summit
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Would you post some of the pictures of your work? I am genuinely interested in seeing it!

Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Austin

Austin

What a random
10th Anniversary
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Did this too.
Also powered some subs with the xbox one psu because why not right.
Oh and the psu eventually died now I have a 360 brick for the xbone.

Last edited:
HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Scaling the Mountain Programmer Odysseus' Summit
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Did this too.
Also powered some subs with the xbox one psu because why not right.
Oh and the psu eventually died now I have a 360 brick for the xbone.
The irony of using a 360 brick for an Xbox One is absolute gold :roflmao:

Top Bottom
Login
Register