Status
Not open for further replies.
Jawuan Live

Jawuan Live

I'm Based 24/7
Reaction score
Sin$
I slightly disagree with that.

In the long run, it will cost significantly less.

OMGnanerpus

OMGnanerpus

cyan:wave2:Buying burnt food!
Retired
Lifetime
AzzidReign Jr End of the Year 2012 Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
In the long run, it will cost significantly less.

Xbox 360 was like $400 and lasted over 6 years. People with PCs have most likely spent way more than $400 on upgrades in the last 6 years.

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Fabled Veteran Greeter Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Xbox 360 was like $400 and lasted over 6 years. People with PCs have most likely spent way more than $400 on upgrades in the last 6 years.

Xbl - $50 a year x 7 years = $350

Plus consider all the money you save with pc games sales. Also consider buying new accessories every console.

If you build your pc smartly, you could save money in the long run.

OMGnanerpus

OMGnanerpus

cyan:wave2:Buying burnt food!
Retired
Lifetime
AzzidReign Jr End of the Year 2012 Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Xbl - $50 a year x 7 years = $350

Plus consider all the money you save with pc games sales. Also consider buying new accessories every console.

If you build your pc smartly, you could save money in the long run.

I was just talking about the consoles themselves. And you *might* be able to save money in the long run, but it would be a much larger initial investment.

Jawuan Live

Jawuan Live

I'm Based 24/7
Reaction score
Sin$

Yes, you have to invest a little more initially to a PC than a Xbox but like Keysnsamples Keysnsamples said, if you build smartly a PC can last for a long time and can save you alot of money in the long run.

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I was just talking about the consoles themselves. And you *might* be able to save money in the long run, but it would be a much larger initial investment.

Well my pc im building cost me $900. 3570k I can overclock past 4.0ghz easy and have a 7970. It'll last me 4-5 years before I need to get another gpu and by then the 7970 will probably be like $200. That will last me plenty more years to come.

X1 cost $500 + $250 for Xbl (5 years) and add everything else it becomes very close if not more.

It is most definitely an upfront investment, but like I said as long as you build your PC smart and get games on sale. It can end up being cheaper. Plus you get to play games at a higher quality and can do everything a computer can while a console is just a console.

Edit: and don't forget the backwards compatability!

Cory IRL

Crazyvette

Boing!
Reporter Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Well my pc im building cost me $900. 3570k I can overclock past 4.0ghz easy and have a 7970. It'll last me 4-5 years before I need to get another gpu and by then the 7970 will probably be like $200. That will last me plenty more years to come.

X1 cost $500 + $250 for Xbl (5 years) and add everything else it becomes very close if not more.

It is most definitely an upfront investment, but like I said as long as you build your PC smart and get games on sale. It can end up being cheaper. Plus you get to play games at a higher quality and can do everything a computer can while a console is just a console.

Edit: and don't forget the backwards compatability!
What's your parts list if you don't mind me asking? I'll help you pick parts if you need help but I was just interested in what you picked.

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
What's your parts list if you don't mind me asking? I'll help you pick parts if you need help but I was just interested in what you picked.

Everything has been bought, just waiting for the last few parts to show up. Picked up the 7970 on sale for $300 (after $20 MiR)
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1eB1q

Various things I got a little cheaper on Ebay and craigslist. Think the total came to like $940 and some change. Got the good deal on the 7970 last week and found a Rosewill Blackhawk for $50 so I got that case instead. Overall pretty happy with the build.

Cory IRL

Crazyvette

Boing!
Reporter Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Everything has been bought, just waiting for the last few parts to show up. Picked up the 7970 on sale for $300 (after $20 MiR)
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1eB1q

Various things I got a little cheaper on Ebay and craigslist. Think the total came to like $940 and some change. Got the good deal on the 7970 last week and found a Rosewill Blackhawk for $50 so I got that case instead. Overall pretty happy with the build.
Nice build. The only thing I would've changed would be the case but you already changed it. Every part you picked is pretty much the best for its price. Nice work.

Cage

Cage

#BoomTouchdown
Reaction score
Sin$
I agree that the Xbox one has much better graphics as opposed to the 360, but in time PC will eventually become the dominant one for gaming quality.

PC is already dominant for graphics quality. No doubt about that. But, PC will never become #1 used for overall gaming.

I'd get a PC if any of my friends played on them. And the money for a good one. It gets lonely on here.

Legaljuana

AceVirus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'd get a PC if any of my friends played on them. And the money for a good one. It gets lonely on here.

That's one of the few rational objections to PC gaming. I'll never tell a person what platform to game on. I'll say "get the platform your friends are on." Otherwise you'll just be that isolated guy with the shiny toys.

Cage

Cage

#BoomTouchdown
Reaction score
Sin$
That's one of the few rational objections to PC gaming. I'll never tell a person what platform to game on. I'll say "get the platform your friends are on." Otherwise you'll just be that isolated guy with the shiny toys.

I also love the controller. Even though you can obviously game with one on PC still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register