• Views 2,659
Status
Not open for further replies.
VenomModderz

VenomModderz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I often wonder if the xbox one console will blow my mind in terms of graphics when i first play it, but i'm getting the feeling its not going to be quite as spectacular as i'm hoping lol. If you look at the original xbox's graphics compared to the xbox 360 there must be like a 75% improvement in picture quality and software ect are we to expect the same from the xbox one in terms of graphics...any thoughts?

Call me LEWY

Call me LEWY

Maybe?
Forum Addict Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
I've already witnessed better graphics than the Xbox one will ever achieve. Ever played Farcry 3 for PC on ultra graphics quality?

VenomModderz

VenomModderz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I've already witnessed better graphics than the Xbox one will ever achieve. Ever played Farcry 3 for PC on ultra graphics quality?

I haven't no but i will download in now thx, i get the feeling its all rushed technology with the xbox one...back in the day a console would come out with such and such breakthrough in whatever software/hardware but now nothing really...

Cory IRL

Crazyvette

Boing!
Reporter Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I often wonder if the xbox one console will blow my mind in terms of graphics when i first play it, but i'm getting the feeling its not going to be quite as spectacular as i'm hoping lol. If you look at the original xbox's graphics compared to the xbox 360 there must be like a 75% improvement in picture quality and software ect are we to expect the same from the xbox one in terms of graphics...any thoughts?
Have you seen BF4 running on consoles? Blows anything on current-gen consoles out of the water by a mile.

Call me LEWY

Call me LEWY

Maybe?
Reaction score
Sin$
Have you seen BF4 running on consoles? Blows anything on current-gen consoles out of the water by a mile.

I agree that the Xbox one has much better graphics as opposed to the 360, but in time PC will eventually become the dominant one for gaming quality.

OMGnanerpus

OMGnanerpus

cyan:wave2:Buying burnt food!
Retired
Lifetime
AzzidReign Jr End of the Year 2012 Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
but in time PC will eventually become the dominant one for gaming quality.
PC is already dominant for graphics quality. No doubt about that. But, PC will never become #1 used for overall gaming.

Jawuan Live

Jawuan Live

I'm Based 24/7
Reaction score
Sin$
PC is already dominant for graphics quality. No doubt about that. But, PC will never become #1 used for overall gaming.

We will see, Steam is really trying to push PC in the living room with things like I heard there making a Steam OS made specifically for gaming and such. If they can just release a cheap $400 PC with great graphics that's very user-friendly with upgrading then it will be attracting a lot more people.

C

Craig Thacker

Reaction score
Sin$
Why would people leave their comfortable Xbox and Playstation controller's, to buy a PC, at the same price, in which they use a keyboard? I personally play on my PC for the old SW: KOTOR on Steam (I got it on sale) and use it for MMO's and such, (I also own a Xbox 360 and plan on ordering the Xbox One) but when I first started, the change from controller to keyboard drove me insane, so Steam would therefore have to make big changes in things such as controller compatibility in order to change the minds of many people who already play on Xbox and Playstation (and of course the Nintendo Brand).

Friends have told me however that some PC games come with the option to use a USB controller...not seen anything myself other than emulators.

E

EltonJohn

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
but i'm getting the feeling its not going to be quite as spectacular as i'm hoping lol. If you look at the original xbox's graphics compared to the xbox 360 there must be like a 75% improvement in picture quality and software ect are we to expect the same from the xbox one in terms of graphics...any thoughts?
Consoles will never ever be comparable to PC's, the reason for this is, consoles are aimed at the mass market, if the price is too much from having expensive hardware inside it then they are totally missing this mass market.

It'll take a few years for developers to truly push the new games consoles to their limits. Here are two examples.

umJ7QP7.jpg

tULDl4Zh.jpg

Alex

Alex

chazbae
Retired
Frame In Gold Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
You do know the X1 is just a PC right, which will hopefully utilise the new version of DX11. I think the graphics will be amazing. Also lets remember whatever footage you have seen has been recorded, you won't get that in person feeling. I think it will blow my mind, just like the PS4 will.

VenomModderz

VenomModderz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You do know the X1 is just a PC right, which will hopefully utilise the new version of DX11. I think the graphics will be amazing. Also lets remember whatever footage you have seen has been recorded, you won't get that in person feeling. I think it will blow my mind, just like the PS4 will.

yea i expect more from the ps4 but unlike most of the world im still opting for the xbox one

Ryan Reynolds

Ryan Reynolds

That **** Cray
Hardened Veteran Grizzled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't think it will blow our minds at launch. I remember when I first got my 360, the graphics weren't THAT much better. But throughout the years is when developers were able to take advantage of the console's full potential.

Cory IRL

Crazyvette

Boing!
Reporter Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Consoles will never ever be comparable to PC's, the reason for this is, consoles are aimed at the mass market, if the price is too much from having expensive hardware inside it then they are totally missing this mass market.

It'll take a few years for developers to truly push the new games consoles to their limits. Here are two examples.
You're first Halo example was fine but the 2nd comparison, you compared an original Xbox game to an Xbox 360 game.

OMGnanerpus

OMGnanerpus

Retired
Lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$
We will see, Steam is really trying to push PC in the living room with things like I heard there making a Steam OS made specifically for gaming and such. If they can just release a cheap $400 PC with great graphics that's very user-friendly with upgrading then it will be attracting a lot more people.
Idkk. In my opinion, most people will keep buying consoles so they can splitscreen, or lay on the couch and play confortably.

(-_-)

(-_-)

6/22/13
CotM TotM FotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Idkk. In my opinion, most people will keep buying consoles so they can splitscreen, or lay on the couch and play confortably.
I think PC gamers are more "serious" for lack of a better term. A lot of console gamers are more casual and the audience is more young.

Habofro

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Bug Finder Services
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, a really ****** PC

Call me LEWY

Call me LEWY

Maybe?
Reaction score
Sin$

A PC that can't be upgraded to support future graphics.

abcdef32

abcdef32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
even though i am a console gamer,pc graphics are great and the x1 graphics can be achieved on pc right now but of course the graphics would be better than 360

OMGnanerpus

OMGnanerpus

Retired
Lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$
I think PC gamers are more "serious" for lack of a better term. A lot of console gamers are more casual and the audience is more young.

Yeah. You said what i was trying to say xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register