Xbox One Modding Discussion.

Discussion in 'Xbox One Modding' started by Owl, May 21, 2013 with 1,612 replies and 393,762 views.

1. Owl

Owl

Ratings:
    [​IMG]

After so many years of having their consoles exploited, it seems that Microsoft has stepped up their game and have made their consoles a bit harder to exploit. So do you think that one day the Xbox One will be exploitable and if it is what do you think people will be able to do with it? Post below your ideas of what you would do, what you think it would change and any breakthroughs in exploiting the console.

I'm very curious as to what the community thinks how hard it could be, as well as what the limits to the console might be.

As of right now though the X1 is still not exploited.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  2. Advent

Advent One for All

Ratings:
    I don't think Xbox One will be Jtagable.

• Like Like x 2
  3. iado

iado Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I agree and I believe that it will be nearly impossible to exploit with the cloud drive.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Advent

Advent One for All

Ratings:
    The technology looks way to advanced to crack but I could be wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  5. OP
    Owl

Owl

Ratings:
    Well they said there were USB ports so I'm sure you can still switch the drive where the files go. It might just make a copy for Cloud.It would be really dumb IMO to totally depend on leaving saves and game files on another computer somewhere off in the galaxy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ryan Reynolds

Ryan Reynolds That Sh!t Cray

Ratings:
    Of course it will be possible. People live just to mod. So they'll find a way. It might take longer but I'm pretty sure it will happen.

• Like Like x 28
  7. OP
    Owl

Owl

Ratings:
    Do you feel the cloud storage might pose a problem if it is the permanent saving drive for Xbox One?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Enzyoo

Enzyoo Free Hoster

Ratings:
    There will probably be a way. There wasn't a way to "JTAG" a Xbox 360 when it got released, because no one knew what it was. So after a few months - years after release, probably.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    Owl

Owl

Ratings:
    What do you think would be some cool things you could do or would like to do on it?

10. Enzyoo

Enzyoo Free Hoster

Ratings:
    If people find a way to JTAG or RGH a Xbox ONE, and release the method, i will definately use it. Maybe it will be called something else. We don't know yet, have patient. Mods will be done, there's no escape. Period.

• Like Like x 5
  11. xMODDEDxSKILLZx

xMODDEDxSKILLZx Contributor

Ratings:
    how did i know this would be the first thread about xbox one...

• Like Like x 10
  12. Afatassninja

Afatassninja Chris farley

Ratings:
    it wasnt.

13. Latios

Latios Legendary Pokemon

Ratings:
    Life was meant to be modded. Almost everything can be modded. I don't know why Xbox One wouldn't be able to mod.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Afatassninja

Afatassninja Chris farley

Ratings:
    you can play offline so there has to be a hard drive somewhere.

• Like Like x 4
  15. OP
    Owl

Owl

Ratings:
    How hard do you think it would be to mod it?

• Like Like x 1
  16. 7s Official Lobbies

7s Official Lobbies Trusted Seller

Ratings:
    There has to be a NAND or some sort of flash memory on the motherboard for it to be able to boot. Otherwise it would need network access to turn on. So yes it's possible for it to be exploited. There are 3 operating systems for the Xbox. One for the console, one for the IE system, and one for switching back and forth between sources.

• Like Like x 11
  17. Tergat

Tergat Here's looking at you, kid

Ratings:
    Well being 3 of them , i swear one was mentioned to help the devs "even more"
    So my guess is that there will be a "Jtag" of sorts. But like the original it will be patched quickish. So i think if you want to be a part of it, gonna have to jump on it quick

18. OP
    Owl

Owl

Ratings:
    How hard would it be to exploit and what features would be completly diffrent from an exploited Xbox One as compared to an Xbox 360[DOUBLEPOST=1369160365][/DOUBLEPOST]
    ??

19. 7s Official Lobbies

7s Official Lobbies Trusted Seller

Ratings:
    No. There will not be a jtag exploit I can guarantee it. Probably something more related to in game exploit with unsigned code or timing with the console on bootup. Just my guess on those two but I'm positive there will not be a jtag exploit.[DOUBLEPOST=1369160487][/DOUBLEPOST]
    First of all it's 32 bit based instead of a ppc based processor. The file system on the hard drive is completely different. The first step would be mapping out the OS to see what kind of exploits we can find. It will be worked on I can promise that.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Fanboy

Fanboy Mirakuru

Ratings:
    Why would you even want this console to be exploited ?

It ruined the 360 and some of my favorite games.
    I really hope this is console is not ruined.

• Like Like x 4