• Thread starter Yelawolf
  • Start date
  • Views 21,737
Y

Yelawolf

Halo ✔️
Reaction score
Hello Se7enSins​
I recently deceived to do my own Xbox One case mod/LED's. My warranty was up so what the heck, I had no idea where to start beside the color I wanted everything. I have done lights and stuff for Xbox 360 but not the One. I tried to look up where to put the LED's and where the 12 V points where. Everyone I talked to was for the Disc drive and so on. So I went on my own and took some pictures so maybe this will help for when ever or if you decide to put lights/LEDs in.

My Xbox Mods
Red LED's for Controller,chat mute, Console, Kinect, Power Brick, Also LED strips
120MM Clear 3 speed Fan mod
Inverted Grill.

I would suggest a couple of things

Good Soldering Skills for the Small LED's
Flux, So you don't burn the boards and can help guide the solder
Steady hands

I used 0805 LED's, i would also recommend this page if you dont know what the + or - sides of the LED's are.

This is the 12V points for the LED Strips under the Xbox

12V for Fan Mod where the original fan was
Left wire + Right -

And my Xbox One In progress

Xbox One Done

In the Dark

Then the 3speed Control.

Elite Controller added XD

Please let me know what you think :smile:
And if you need any help just ask.​

Last edited:
N

NerdysMods

LOL THATS NOT MY BIRTHDAY
Reaction score
Thanks I have the aw Xbox one still havnt took it out of the box since I got it saving it for modding.. I'm not really sure what color to go with Alls I know is I don't want blue everyone does that color.

Y

Yelawolf

Halo ✔️
Reaction score
Thanks I have the aw Xbox one still havnt took it out of the box since I got it saving it for modding.. I'm not really sure what color to go with Alls I know is I don't want blue everyone does that color.
Thats why iv done red. Plus I like red lol

S

Sosa

i been had polio
Reaction score
loving the switch for the fan, looks real nice, do the leds change color or no?

Y

Yelawolf

Halo ✔️
Reaction score
loving the switch for the fan, looks real nice, do the leds change color or no?
Nah. But it can get a kit for it too but i think ill wait till i cut a window out. (Have not messed with my new dremel yet) dont wanna mess the case up.

S

Sosa

i been had polio
Reaction score
Nah. But it can get a kit for it too but i think ill wait till i cut a window out. (Have not messed with my new dremel yet) dont wanna mess the case up.
yea good luck i'd be pretty cautious about that aswell!

C

Chronium

Ɓє уσυяѕєƖf; єνєяуσηє єƖѕє ιѕ αƖяєαɗу тαкєη
Reaction score
Nice man! I used an LED changer that has a remote. :smile: Works good. I'll have some pictures soon.

Y

Yelawolf

Halo ✔️
Reaction score
Nice man! I used an LED changer that has a remote. :smile: Works good. I'll have some pictures soon.
Yup! Once i get a window in ill put a kit in. Solder it where i have the LEDs now and it will work like a charm (Same thing i did on my RGH)

C

Chronium

Reaction score
Yup! Once i get a window in ill put a kit in. Solder it where i have the LEDs now and it will work like a charm (Same thing i did on my RGH)
It was easy, when I modded my Xbone Controller my hands were shaking whilst soldering. I was afraid I was going to break it.

Y

Yelawolf

Halo ✔️
Reaction score
It was easy, when I modded my Xbone Controller my hands were shaking whilst soldering. I was afraid I was going to break it.
I think taking the controller apart was the hardest lmao. I had to watch like 3 videos just to make sure.. lol

C

Chronium

Reaction score
I think taking the controller apart was the hardest lmao. I had to watch like 3 videos just to make sure.. lol
Yep, It looked easy in videos and I was like "Pssh, I got this." the next minute I thought "Crap, I don't have this".

T

Tyler Willis

Reaction score
Where did you get your leds from? If you dont mind

T

Tyler Willis

Reaction score
Both of them really i havent done any modding since the original xb 360

T

Tyler Willis

Reaction score
Hey bro i got the leds installed it looks great man thank you for posting pics. One more question how do you reverse the grill im trying to do it but i dont want to screw it up?

Y

Yelawolf

Halo ✔️
Reaction score
Hey bro i got the leds installed it looks great man thank you for posting pics. One more question how do you reverse the grill im trying to do it but i dont want to screw it up?
Oo. The grill was not a fun time for me haha. I know I didn't do it correctly but, You will see points where it looks attached, I melted them with the soldering Iron and pulled lightly. Someone else may know a better and more professional way than mine.

T

Tyler Willis

Reaction score
Oo. The grill was not a fun time for me haha. I know I didn't do it correctly but, You will see points where it looks attached, I melted them with the soldering Iron and pulled lightly. Someone else may know a better and more professional way than mine.
Thanks man ya thats what im doing now its getting hot. I figured thats what was holding it on. Ill post pics of it when im done. Im still waiting on my 12v van to come in. I have an adapter to come in so its not always 12v all the time and let the box regulate the fan.

I

IsraelSalinas

Reaction score
Nice. Any chance you might know of 5v or 3.3v source? Im fixing on doing a 7v or 9v fan mod. Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom