• Start date
  • Views 1,023
Status
Not open for further replies.
Full Moon

Full Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hot on the heels of our report that the Xbox One would be incompatible with current-generation gaming headsets, Microsoft and Turtle Beach have announced a partnership to produce new gaming audio products using the console's new proprietary chat port. Additional details about the new range of accessories aren't expected to arrive until E3, but the company promises pricing and release information will be revealed in "the coming weeks."
While Turtle Beach is said to be "among the first" to market with new audio products for the Xbox One, Microsoft will also be partnering with other brands.
With the introduction of the Xbox One, Microsoft has abandoned the chat cable used currently in the Xbox 360, rendering current products from brands like Turtle Beach, Astro Gaming, Tritton, and others capable of delivering only in-game audio. What's more, the company intends to closely manage third-party accessories via a licensing program that would require manufacturers to adhere to strict guidelines in order to support the new platform.
Like many of the other lingering questions regarding the Xbox One, Microsoft's accessory plans will be discussed in greater detail at this year's E3.

Source
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/23/microsoft-taps-turtle-beach-for-xbox-one-headsets

What do you guys think?

Full Moon

Full Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seeing all the criticism that they're already getting, this isn't the way to go for Microsoft. They're stupid.

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Fabled Veteran Greeter Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
It's already been confirmed, all Xbox 360 accessories will not work on the Xbox One.

Full Moon

Full Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't see anyone knowing of this, so I posted it. I apologize.

Cory IRL

Crazyvette

Boing!
Reporter Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Why are people surprised by this? Nothing from the PS2 and the Xbox worked on the PS3 and 360.

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Reaction score
Why are people surprised by this? Nothing from the PS2 and the Xbox worked on the PS3 and 360.

Lmao. You didn't own a PS3 did you? All of the USB devices worked on the PS3 and there was even an adapter for the controllers. The Eye worked, even the damn AV cables worked on it. The original model even had PS2 memory card slots. Literally everything from the PS2 worked on the PS3.

Tricky

Tricky

▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼
Mythical Veteran Grammar Nazi Diamonds Are Forever
Reaction score
This is not true. It has a optical audio out, so if your headset has an optical audio in, it will work. If it doesn't, you can buy an optical audio to analog converter and it will work. The only question is the mic, you might have to wait until an adapter is released for that.

Bar Starred

Bar Starred

Contributor
Grammar Nazi Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Because the average person must moan about things that they have no real idea about, simply to create the illusion that they do, in fact, know something. Plenty of people do this with every new generation of equipment. Although they'll still end up buying the product, because it rarely turns out to be whatever they had proclaimed.

#bandwagon
#sheeple

Cory IRL

Crazyvette

Boing!
Reporter Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Lmao. You didn't own a PS3 did you? All of the USB devices worked on the PS3 and there was even an adapter for the controllers. The Eye worked, even the damn AV cables worked on it. The original model even had PS2 memory card slots. Literally everything from the PS2 worked on the PS3.
I do have a PS3 and mine doesn't have memory card slots for PS2 memory card's. I'm obviously over exaggerating when I say "None" but look what u listed. Av cables, really? That's so insignificant. The controller's need an adaptor to work on the PS3, so they're not compatible if they need a third party device to function. The PS Eye is hooked up through USB which is a standard all console's have and will have. I'm sure certain USB Device's from the 360 will work on the X1 as well.

Look at the original Xbox though to the 360. Nothing carried over. So again, nothing new.

Let's just hope that Xbox releases a headset with their new console that will last longer than 2 months this time.

Last edited:
Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Reaction score

They already confirmed all Xbox 360 accessories won't work on the Xbox One. The point is, things can be carried over, Microsoft just chooses not to. Just like they choose not to make the controllers rechargeable by standard. Which people should have known coming into next-gen. As you point out, they did not support that last gen at all.

Fanboy

Fanboy

Mirakuru
Retired
Fabled Veteran Legendary Veteran Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
What a waste of money for those have got expensive headsets.

K

Kakashi

OG
A Milli Mythical Veteran CotM
Reaction score
What a waste of money for those have got expensive headsets.
There will more than likely be cheap adapters on ebay, and I would think they would have Fiber optic output on the next console, though I haven't looked at it at all because I don't give a damn currently.

Gahdsey

Gahdsey

Thug Life
Grammar Nazi Chatty Kathy
Reaction score
Thank goodness I didn't go out and buy a $300 headset. I would've been pissed!

mindl3ssviolnc3

mindl3ssviolnc3

Getting There
Reaction score
Doesn't the x1 support bluetooth? Would it be possible to use a bluetooth enabled headset or heck even one of ps3's then?

Status
Not open for further replies.