What's new

Discussion Xbox One Headset Adaptors

Jazzin

Jazzin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, I have reason to believe that Microsoft purposefully makes their headset adapters as ****** as possible. I have now gone through three adapters since April I believe, and after a couple of months of using the adapters, they cause an echo that your party can head.

I just had to rant, because I am so sick of Xbox... messed up games, awful servers, and now equipment that ****ing breaks after a couple months...
It makes me wonder if Playstation has the same **** lol...

FlamingRabbit

FlamingRabbit

'08er
Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
It makes me wonder if Playstation has the same **** lol...
The microphone that comes with the PS4 sucks, and PSN is known to have issues as well.

I'm not sure how you're going through so many, I've been using the same adapter for my turtle beaches since I bought my xbox one in June and have had zero issues with it. Maybe it's the microphone/headset you're using?

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Mythical Veteran Fabled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
I've had my adapter ever since they first came out (8 or so months) and it's working great. Sounds like you just treat it badly (by dropping your controller, etc) or you coincidentally got 3 faulty adapters. I highly doubt the second.

R4TTY

R4TTY

♠︎ King Of Gaming ♠︎
Reaction score
I just have to use standard xbox one mic because sadly they didn't make my mic useable with the xbox one because it was wireless. But every few months my xbox one headset breaks anyway even though its in fine condition.

F

Fire First

Information tab on my profile to find out about me
Reaction score
Buy turtle beach headsets which come with their own adapters. Anything that comes in the box always breaks, apart from controllers.

Gods By Machine

Gods By Machine

Buried in Forgotten Grounds
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Mine works fine, Have had it for a while now. I do get a few comments on an echo, but that is just because the sound is turned up to loud, just turn it down and it goes away.

Seems like it is user error.

LuigiWizletitz

LuigiWizletitz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The headset wasn't a good design, I always feel like im gonna rip the little volume/mute control thingy.

NerdLuv

NerdLuv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are greedy they had it to make more money cause people have headsets that for the older consoles.

screwFACE65

screwFACE65

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
I've also had my adapter since its release and mine works and looks new

M

MikeLawry

Seasoned Member
Hardened Veteran Fabled Veteran Modder
Reaction score
They are greedy they had it to make more money cause people have headsets that for the older consoles.
If they truly wanted to do that they wouldn't release an adapter.....

Op I've had mine from the day one release. Sounds like your just extermly rough with them cause mine is still fine. It could always just be the wire?
Anyway you can always get it replaced for free so I don't see the issue take It to the store and get yours replaced.

V

V4 Skyline

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some headsets aren't compatible with the adapter. I used it with my Turtle beach Xla and the sound was poor considering what they were like on the 360. Took them right back to the game store and got a headset instead.

K

Kakashi

OG
A Milli Mythical Veteran CotM
Reaction score
The only thing I have noticed about them is that the sound quality of your voice decreases severely and sounds like you are talking through a wall.

crovean

crovean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got some Astro A40's and i can't do **** with them anymore since i got a xbone. Would you recommend getting the adapter or just getting that crap looking xbone stereo headset? (which needs the adapter too??)

Lolwtf

Lolwtf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know if my Turtle Beach PX5's would work on my Xbox One with the crappy headset adapter they're selling ?

V

V4 Skyline

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a page on the turtle beach website telling you what headsets are compatible with the adapter and what aren't.

Fragz_

Fragz_

Reaction score
The only time people have permission to complain about ****** made products being broken is if you own a turtle beach headset. Otherwise, people like you must badly treat your equiptment.

L

Legend

I'm Legen.... Wait for it... DARY ツ
Frame In Gold Mr. Nice Guy A Milli
Reaction score
Sell it and come to the PlayStation side :wink: Just kidding, but their adapter is pretty annoying. PS4 is so much easier :tongue:

Lucky Knife

Lucky Knife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah the adapter is really glitchy. I feel like i sometimes have to reset my console for it to work and at random times it stops letting me talk/hear people. Honestly the best solution to this is if they just start making controllers with the normal 2.5mm jack. They just had to change it to make more money those greedy *****.