What's new

Xbox One HDMI modding

B

bdh2k2

Reaction score
Sin$
Since the Xbox One S is coming with HDMI 2.0, I wonder if a gifted modded would be able to switch HDMI 1.4 ports from the original Xbox One to HDMI 2.0 or even attempt to? I think it should not be too difficult for someone that knows how to solder well but I could be wrong. I am curious very curious about this and would get this mod implemented on my Xbox One to use the HDR and 4k blu ray playback instead of dishing out money for a new system.

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Since the Xbox One S is coming with HDMI 2.0, I wonder if a gifted modded would be able to switch HDMI 1.4 ports from the original Xbox One to HDMI 2.0 or even attempt to? I think it should not be too difficult for someone that knows how to solder well but I could be wrong. I am curious very curious about this and would get this mod implemented on my Xbox One to use the HDR and 4k blu ray playback instead of dishing out money for a new system.
Doesn't exactly work like that. The port isn't the only thing changing.

Y

yuppa

Reaction score
Sin$
Actually Microsoft confirmed the XB1S will upscale EVERYTHING to 4k resolution. 
Actually Microsoft confirmed the XB1S will upscale EVERYTHING to 4k resolution.

Top Bottom
Login
Register