Xbox One Hard Drive Transfer

oldgregg

Reaction score
I know everyone is going on about the Linux method to transferring to a bigger hard drive which seems to be too complicated for some people but has anyone tried a SATA docking station and just transferring all the data to a new drive or something to that degree?

Xplic1tt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know everyone is going on about the Linux method to transferring to a bigger hard drive which seems to be too complicated for some people but has anyone tried a SATA docking station and just transferring all the data to a new drive or something to that degree?
The reason that linux is used is to create the partitions on the drive. Microsoft uses some odd format that windows can't directly read, which is why on windows to read a 360 hdd or memory stick you use a fatx browser, or a program like modio or horizon. It's not just a job of moving the data over, or you could use basic drive cloning software. The user that created the current partition method made it on linux using python, and that script doesn't natively run on windows.

The latest version of J-runner has a xbone hdd tool, but I've yet to use it so I don't know how it works.

sthetix

Reaction score
The best thing to do is using Linux (such as Ubuntu). I tried using J-Runner for creating partitions and it didn't work.
after you create the partitions using Linux, you can then transfer the files using SATA under windows.

Xenothecat

Reaction score
Use a docking station cloner. Works up to 2 tb as xbox one won't let you have bigger. Well it will but you can only use about 2.2tb so I guess best case is have a 3tb internal giving the user 2.2 of space and after the system takes its bit you'll have about 2tb for you installs ect.

Top Bottom