Solved Xbox One Good Investment?

• Thread starter EliteM9Helps
  • Start date
  • Views 519
E

EliteM9Helps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thinking about getting an Xbox One but have to save up is it worth it??

D

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
Reaction score
investment
ɪnˈvɛs(t)m(ə)nt/
the action or process of investing money for profit.

Lets see.

Xbox - 350$.
XBL for the next 4-5 years 50$ py - 200$.
1 new Game - 60~$.
5 New Games per year - 300$.
1 extra controller? - 50$
Need audio headset to controller adaptor? - 20$

As an 11/10 financial investment adviser (might have some assumptions and potential flaws like extra money to pay upfront). Mileage may vary depending on circumstances.

The longer your own it, the more money you sink in it and the more the total adds up. Doesn't seem like much of an investment. :rolleyes:.

I know you probably didn't mean the word investment as in money returns.

Last edited:
W

WeeGee

One Shot One Kill
Reaction score
investment
ɪnˈvɛs(t)m(ə)nt/

Lets see.

Xbox - 350$.
1 new Game - 60~$.

The longer your own it, the more money you sink in it and the more the total adds up. Doesn't seem like much of an investment. :rolleyes:.

Jeez never knew I spent so much on xbox :woot:

But I enjoy using it so what can I say

D

Decy

Getting There
Reaction score
investment
ɪnˈvɛs(t)m(ə)nt/

Lets see.

Xbox - 350$.
1 new Game - 60~$.

True that.

D

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
Reaction score
(might have some assumptions and potential flaws like extra money to pay upfront). Mileage may vary depending on circumstances.
so if you want and xbox one you're gonna need atleast 1000 lol....
No. This assumes in the first year you will buy an xbox and purchase 5x 60$ over the course of the first year.

It also assumes that every year after that you will get the 5 60$ games + 1 years of live and how much this totals up over the course of several years.

D

Decy

Getting There
Reaction score
No. This assumes in the first year you will buy an xbox and purchase 5x 60$ over the course of the first year.

It also assumes that every year after that you will get the 5 60$ games + 1 years of live and how much this totals up over the course of several years.
Yeah but you might want more games if you have the money

D

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
Reaction score
Yeah but you might want more games if you have the money
Of course. The more games you buy the more expensive it will get and the higher total.

I'm not sure how many new games people buy on average in a year so I assumed 5 which is like 1 every 2+ months almost.

D

Decy

Getting There
Reaction score
Of course. The more games you buy the more expensive it will get and the higher total.
Microsoft have us on a spending spree and we don't even realize lol

D

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
Reaction score
Microsoft have us on a spending spree and we don't even realize lol
Yep. 60$ here and there for games etc looks little in the short term but it totals up eventually in the longer term.

That's why Consoles are not worth it imo. Eventually you out pay more than it's worth or an alternative.

Obviously people will reply "Blah blah I have job and can afford it etc" but that isn't the point I'm trying to make here.

D

Decy

Getting There
Reaction score
Yep. 60$ here and there for games etc looks little in the short term but it totals up eventually in the longer term.

That's why Consoles are not worth it imo. Eventually you out pay more than it's worth or an alternative.

Obviously people will reply "Blah blah I have job and can afford it etc" but that isn't the point I'm trying to make here.
I Was considering getting ailenwares steam console lol... looks decent

D

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
Reaction score
I Was considering getting ailenwares steam console lol... looks decent
I almost never recommend buying a pre-built computer, let alone Alienware which is like Apple. You significantly over-pay for the brand.

I recommend instead of getting an Alienware, look and research how to build your own PC like youtube Tutorials/Guides/Videos. The performance for the same price most of the time is much better and overall have better quality parts.

But that said. Let's not derail the thread as that was not original discussion.

A

adbdragonmaster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
investment
ɪnˈvɛs(t)m(ə)nt/

Lets see.

Xbox - 350$.
1 new Game - 60~$.

As an 11/10 financial investment adviser (might have some assumptions and potential flaws like extra money to pay upfront). Mileage may vary depending on circumstances.

I loled at your post...cause it's true (sadly) lol

G

GypsyCrazyBoy

Capitalism is a dirty business
Reaction score
No console is a good investment. A PC is but I'm not going to tell you to build one. The Xbox One is cool but it is NOT a good investment.

F

FliPsiDe_TV_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thinking about getting an Xbox One but have to save up is it worth it??
If you would have asked this question a year ago I would have told you H*LL NO! Now I would say yes because of the Big improvements they have made. I personally think that it would be a good investment. If you end up getting one I hope you enjoy it! 

Its not really Microsofts fault about the games really... its more of the people that make the game and the people that sell the game.

D

DrMay1987

Banned
Reaction score
The new Xbox is awesome! But I do not really think that Xbox can be considered as an investment. Because it doesn't bring any income, even if you give it in rent, it won't bring you much money. I have lost my job several months ago, and I was searching for some ideas and investment for my startup and found a very useful blog about finding financial advisor yourmoneygeek.com. And I found many interesting ideas there that should work.

Last edited:
Top Bottom