Xbox one getting old

Discussion in 'Xbox One' started by NoHacksAllowed, Jan 23, 2019 with 26 replies and 1,993 views.

1. NoHacksAllowed

NoHacksAllowed Enthusiast

Ratings:
    So imma just start off saying the 360 was about 7 years old when the xbone came out so what are we going to be seeing soon ?
    I hope a new console as I haven't bothered with the xbone as there isnt much better to do on the xbone than the 360

Both the ps4 and xbone where released in November 2013 that's almost 6 years ago so I hope we will see new consoles yet again but hopefully better not worse

What do u guys think?
    Do u really like the xbone? Or ps4?
    Or do u only like it coz all ur friends moved over from old gen?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Government

Government TikTok Thot Lifetime

Ratings:
    I love the Xbox one, but really the only reason I moved over was because modding became boring/dead from the 360. Most of my friends were modders so we either all switched over to the XBOX One or just stopped playing in general.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cellulose

Cellulose Composition C is my family Premium

Ratings:
    Honestly got sick of my Xbox One and just started playing PC. I hop on Xbox One every now and again, but for some reason I still buy gold every year.

• Like Like x 2
  4. H Y X

H Y X RGH and CFW hoster

Ratings:
    Because you have to "stay golden Ponyboy", hopefully you get that reference but I only get on for Forza really and mainly play PS4 or PC.

5. Cellulose

Cellulose Composition C is my family Premium

Ratings:
    Haha I believe that is a reference from The Outsiders if I'm not mistaken. I definitely like PS4 better though. I like the interface better, the games run a lot better, in my opinion, plus I can play Playstation 2 games like Sly Cooper and such.

• Like Like x 1
  6. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke Memes 4 Dayz Retired

Ratings:
    If you're still on the chunky original Xbox One like I am, you'll most likely agree that yeah, it's getting old. It has a ton of problems that I could list off but I'll refrain from that as I'm sure you're all well aware lol Not to mention how inconsistent XBL is. All that being said though there are still some good reasons to have one and why I still do. I upgraded to Xbone from 360 instead of switching over to another platform mainly due to the fact that I had a mutual game share going with one of my friends so it started me off with a small selection of games to play right from the bat. Other than that I just really love the Xbox controllers over PlayStation's. Use to have PS consoles when I was younger but Xbox controllers feel so much better for gaming imo.

I've wanted to move up to an XBX for the past while but haven't been able to afford that b*tch. At this rate, I'll probably just be picking up one or both of whatever the next generation of consoles may be. Pretty sure there will be good exclusives for both and cross-play between Sony and Microsoft seems to be at a standstill. As the OP mentioned, it's coming up to the next cycle of when we usually get the new gen spiffiness. Gets me thinking a lot about what that may consist of.

• Like Like x 1
  7. LookBroZombies_XBL

LookBroZombies_XBL Getting There

Ratings:
    I’ve been bored with Xbox One for a while so I bought a PS4 pro and I like it a lot more than Xbox. My One keeps having to update EVERY week, it’s ridiculous that it takes about 25 mins to complete and by that time I already changed my mind about playing it. Also PlayStation has some good free games like H1Z1 and FishingPlanet. Maybe I’m just bored with video games in general ( I also got PSVR but was extremely disappointed and returned it ).

8. Orginal

Orginal Minecraft Maniac

Ratings:
    Your reasoning for disliking the Xbox One is very fanboyish, I don't need a update everyweek, and when do update its every 3-4 months unless they need to push out some QOL improvement thing out early. 25 Mins to download an update is absurd but it takes me like 5-7 to update it.

I personally don't like PS4 cause their exclusives, most are single player and throw away titles if you're done them.

9. Biggarantuan

Biggarantuan Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I still play on xbox one bc me and my friends have been attempting to find a way to alter some gameplay, like little stuff in dev mode. Other than that i play with pc bc well aimbot in fortnite is fun and its a new game with plenty of victums- i mean players

10. Fogel

Fogel Call Me Mclovin!

Ratings:
    Current gen consoles are already getting old. Unfortunately we haven't even really seen a huge selection of actually awesome games. I feel as though gaming is dying besides a few titles everyone plays with their friends.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Orginal

Orginal Minecraft Maniac

Ratings:
    True on a lot of levels. I mainly play minecraft and make my own creations/games.

Right now im making a MMO on Windows 10 Edition.

12. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke Memes 4 Dayz Retired

Ratings:
    It was only a matter of time right I mean, we're 6 years into current gen consoles which is right about the timeframe where we get the next wave of new consoles coming out. Sucks that's the way it goes but it just is. Maybe that will change this go-round if Sony and Microsoft do the right thing and put all their resources into making true next-gen consoles that can compete with PC or at the very least, hold a torch to it. We got a glimmer of that with the Xbox X, albeit still not being 100% up to the standard, so we're on the right track.

13. 3xTiNcT

3xTiNcT Dead Staff

Ratings:
    Xbox One has been old since it was announced. Xbox 360 will always be the goat. Maybe we'll finally get the Xbox 720 this next time around.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Gods By Machine

Gods By Machine Buried in Forgotten Grounds

Ratings:
    xbox one? You mean my Netflix player?

But, in all seriousness, I would rather PC game. Exclusives just don't do it for me anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Stoner

Stoner THC is a natural medicine

Ratings:
    In my opinion nowadays games are **** and a lot don't interest me anymore I find myself playing a lot of older games now

• Like Like x 1
  16. schitzotm

schitzotm Contributor

Ratings:
    Lol, your title says xbox one getting old yet you just said you didn't mess with the xbox one. hehe.
    So games like gtav have gone through massive upscaling with xbox one. (Not to mention all the updated dlc)
    Games are finally coming out as pc quality on console. Playing on a 4k tv with the xbox one x has been a true eye opener. Once you start actually playing a game on xbox one you will quickly realize the difference between the 360 and the one. Just look at most games. They are mostly around 80-120gb per game. The content is just amazing. If you plan on buying one I would say buy an xboxone x. (providing you have a 4k tv or plan on getting one) between the one and the one x there are many differences. It's almost like watching a movie but you control it.
    I am not a pc gamer. These consoles will soon surpass pc. I can say that since we have caught them with the ps4 pro and the xbonex. My only problem with getting the next gen console so soon after the x and the pro is I have to buy 6 of these. (big family all gamers.) If the next gen goes portable then I may decide to become a pc gamer. If I wanted my screen attached to my device I would use a tablet.
    The price tag on the xbonex and ps4pro will drop to the 299.00 price about a year before the next console releases unless the next console is just an improved version of the same console.
    If you don't already have a next gen console you are really missing out. And to say they aren't much better is really far off reality.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Slim Shady

Slim Shady -Mr Death- D3M0N$ Retired

Ratings:
    so true dude there is a handful of games i play on Xbox One still but a lot of older games on 360 are just great makes me fire up the old 360 just to play some games that are not yet backwards compat on the one.

and to answer the op
    i have been on Xbox since the original so you can see why I haven't switched to ps4 and there is no need for me to either.

18. Fadexz

Fadexz Enthusiast

Ratings:
    You probably are getting preview updates (beta updates).

19. Skepta

Skepta Microphone Champion Super Moderators

Ratings:
    This will never happen, PC's will always be more capable than consoles. Consoles are designed to be budget PC's for gaming.

I'd agree to an extent you get better value out of buying an xbox one x or ps4 pro, and could do in future consoles. But you will always be able to build a better PC, providing you have the funding.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Fadexz

Fadexz Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Well mainly cause consoles use PC components and they come out first individually for PCs.