What's new

Solved Xbox one game install issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hd21

Reaction score
Sin$
We bought an Xbox one for our kids 2 wks ago. A big headache. A lot of errors and install issues even with the preloaded game it came with. We exchanged it for a new one and haven't had any issues.
Only issue we are having is with our other games we bought "pre-owned" at Game Stop. They don't install all the way. While the kids can still play them they still say "installation not complete" at the bottom with a percentage. So with the UFC game we bought it is at 96% install and we can't access certain features. Is this because as a preowned game you lose some benefits as if you bought it new?

Urbans

Urbans

the myth
Reaction score
Sin$
No not at all, even if its pre owned, the previous buyer must have bought the full game. I think its the game disc itself, take it back and swap it for a new one.

Part of the game might be corrupt.

H

Hd21

Reaction score
Sin$
No not at all, even if its pre owned, the previous buyer must have bought the full game. I think its the game disc itself, take it back and swap it for a new one.

That's crazy. We have had this issue now with every single pre owned game we have bought. All 3 so far! That just seems odd to me.

Shady

Shady

Super Moderator
Super Moderators
10th Anniversary Forum Addict Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
hi mate you may have network issues and no you don't lose any benefits at all with preowned games
have you tried anything to fix the issue also and are you wired or wireless

Reynolds

Reynolds

Retired
Retired
Services Mr. Nice Guy Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
That's crazy. We have had this issue now with every single pre owned game we have bought. All 3 so far! That just seems odd to me.
Sounds to me like your internet must be at a VERY slow speed. The game is probably trying to download an update which isn't found on the disc (obviously like the rest of the game is.) Updates for me are normally pretty slow even though I have 100/20 internet speeds. Check with your provider to see what internet speed you have if you don't know already.

H

Hd21

Reaction score
Sin$
hi mate you may have network issues and no you don't lose any benefits at all with preowned games
have you tried anything to fix the issue also and are you wired or wireless
We have wifi connection. We tried a bunch of stuff when we had errors. We even exchanged the first system after 2 wks for a new one thinking it was that. This one seems to be better. It lets us play but some features aren't available and it will still say "96% installed". 
Sounds to me like your internet must be at a VERY slow speed. The game is probably trying to download an update which isn't found on the disc (obviously like the rest of the game is.) Updates for me are normally pretty slow even though I have 100/20 internet speeds. Check with your provider to see what internet speed you have if you don't know already.
We increased our speed after we got the system. It was 75/75 and now it is 100/100. We even took it off "online" while we installed the disc when it had errors so it wouldn't try to update at the same time.

Reynolds

Reynolds

Retired
Retired
Services Mr. Nice Guy Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
We have wifi connection. We tried a bunch of stuff when we had errors. We even exchanged the first system after 2 wks for a new one thinking it was that. This one seems to be better. It lets us play but some features aren't available and it will still say "96% installed". 

We increased our speed after we got the system. It was 75/75 and now it is 100/100. We even took it off "online" while we installed the disc when it had errors so it wouldn't try to update at the same time.
Sounds very odd. Did you hard reset the cosole to see if maybe for some reason it's just showing that number? How about deleting the games and reinstalling them? I'm at a loss. I haven't had this problem before. I'm sorry I don't know more.

Shady

Shady

Super Moderator
Super Moderators
10th Anniversary Forum Addict Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
try to eject the disc and put back in also can you post your network info here

go into settings then network and click on detailed network

Status
Not open for further replies.