Discussion Xbox One Friends List Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
iado

iado

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It has been confirmed that our profiles and their achievements have been carried over. It has also been confirmed that we can have a firiends list of up to a thousand. This leads me to wonder will it already have my old friends on there? And beyond that they have confirmed that the same title on the xbox one and xbox 360 cannot interact which leads me to another concern. Will we be able to see people playing on the xbox one from the 360 or the inverse? And will we be able to join a party with these people or chat with these people? To me it seems like they are literally trying to kill the population for both the 360 and xbox one for the next 2 years and make it as inconvenient of a transition as possible.

X

XxCrazyPersonxX

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
Seasoned Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Yea it seems that way, if the system its self isn't backwards compatible I imagine that you cant chat with someone on the 360 from the xbox1. That is a big slap in the face if that's the case, it will proubly show next to there name that chat is disabled because there on the 360.

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Fabled Veteran Greeter Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
The Vita and PS3 can communicate with each other, so I would assume this will be the same for the 360/One. Unless they really want to get everyone on board with the One.

X

XxCrazyPersonxX

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
Seasoned Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
but the vita is the smart glass to the 360, Who know at this point. Microsoft still has a chance to pull there Sh** together during e3. But I don't think there gonna stand a chance against the Ps4 as far as a gaming system goes. I do have hope tho because neither system is going to be cheap so whichever system is better for gamming is the way im gonna go. 
They would have to do a large update to the xbox 360 to make a chat option between the two consoles, seems like a lot of work to not convince someone to move on to there new system.

iado

iado

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
but the vita is the smart glass to the 360, Who know at this point. Microsoft still has a chance to pull there Sh** together during e3. But I don't think there gonna stand a chance against the Ps4 as far as a gaming system goes. I do have hope tho because neither system is going to be cheap so whichever system is better for gamming is the way im gonna go. 
They would have to do a large update to the xbox 360 to make a chat option between the two consoles, seems like a lot of work to not convince someone to move on to there new system.
Well it also would help in convincing some people to get the new system which they aren't doing so well in the hardcore gamer category...

Ferretmaster

Ferretmaster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yea it seems that way, if the system its self isn't backwards compatible I imagine that you cant chat with someone on the 360 from the xbox1. That is a big slap in the face if that's the case, it will proubly show next to there name that chat is disabled because there on the 360.
You don't seem to understand the whole "backwards compatibility" thing. Just because you can't play Xbox 360 games on the Xbox 1 doesn't mean that you can't send a message between the two consoles. That's like saying you can't send an email between a Mac and a PC; the different hardware structure doesn't affect messaging.

xIce101x

xIce101x

H2 Legend
Experienced Veteran Frame In Gold AzzidReign Jr
Reaction score
Sin$
You don't seem to understand the whole "backwards compatibility" thing. Just because you can't play Xbox 360 games on the Xbox 1 doesn't mean that you can't send a message between the two consoles. That's like saying you can't send an email between a Mac and a PC; the different hardware structure doesn't affect messaging.
This
When the 360 came out you could still send messages and invites to people on the original xbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register