What's new

Solved Xbox One Fan Mod With LED Strip HELP!!!

• Thread starter ZoE GoDD
  • Start date
  • Views 1,901
Status
Not open for further replies.
ZoE GoDD

ZoE GoDD

Reaction score
Sin$
So Ive gotten pretty bored of the color of my Xbox One. I threw a decent little skin on it but I want to add LEDs Now but from what ive read theres really no point of using PC fans because the fan speed cannot be controlled by the system with out a switch. I don't want to use any of that, so my question is what would be the proper way to install a LED strip on the stock fan as far as wiring?

Heres a vid of my xbox!!!!

AlienFreek01

AlienFreek01

Now with fries
Reaction score
Sin$
The video says unavailable for me... I would say to just get a pc fan and set up a switch for it or just wire it normally... Check out this thread

C

chonka1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It can be easily done with a 120mm PWM fan. I replaced my fan last year because it was making an annoying whirling noise, so I picked up a silent Noctua fan, and I haven't had a problem at all. You just need to use the proprietary fan plug, cut the wires and rewire it to the fan wires.

BTW, some PWM fans won't work. You need a high quality fan that can run at low RPMs with little voltage. Good luck finding an LED fan out there that can handle it. This is, of course, if you don't plan on using a switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register