Xbox One External Hard Drive Explorer

• Thread starter Detan Shi
  • Start date
  • Views 17,091
D

Detan Shi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found this while searching for a way to use my hard drive for my computer again and thought that I would share with the community if it was not already known. I take no credit for this all credit goes to Angerwound and whoever else may have contributed.

First download the [Click here to view this link]riginal post [Click here to view this link].

Step 1- (Connect your external hard drive to computer if not already connected)
Choose "Run as Administrator".

Step 2-
Scan for your Hard Drive then right click it and choose "Enable PC Mode" (If you you scan again it should show that it is in PC mode).
Step 3-
Safely eject your hard drive from your computer (I'll put a picture in spoiler). Then unplug your hard drive from your computer and plug it back in to computer.

Step 4-
You should now be able to see your hard drive and the files that are on it. (Make sure that you convert the hard drive back to Xbox mode to use it with your Xbox one again).
Thanks to Angerwound for this great little app, hopefully this is the start of Xbox One content sharing

Note: This does not enable piracy on the Xbox One, you can simply share content as you can with the Xbox 360, you still require a licence or disc on the console to play any content with DRM.

I take no credit for this, I have not seen it posted so I thought I would share.

Last edited:
S

Scrum Domi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does the external hard drive (or USB) have to be a specific size in order to configure it to Xbox One mode?

And could this be used to copy or move game saves to PC for modding purposes? Such as save editing?

T

TheFlutter

There's sin in all of us.
Reaction score
Does the external hard drive (or USB) have to be a specific size in order to configure it to Xbox One mode?

And could this be used to copy or move game saves to PC for modding purposes? Such as save editing?
To answer your first question, yes, the storage device must have a minimum of 256 gigabytes available for use.
As for your second question, I am not so sure.

K

Kakashi

OG
Reaction score
The second question would be no, we have no way to sign the files after modding them.

D

dams37200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
link is dead. Re-up please

D

Detan Shi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
link is dead. Re-up please
It is not my link I will try to find the new link and update it.
Edit- The link now takes you to original post with working links and updated versions.

Last edited:
C

cajunzman

Reaction score
I figured I'd shed a little light on this the Xbox one specifically restricts saves and profiles being moved to external storage because of this exact reason with the 360. As far as requirements go it must be larger than 256GB and use USB 3.0 or higher (3.1 Rev 1 and Rev 2 and I believe thunderbolt drives are supported as well using the backwards compatible usb-c connection) and it supports up to 16TB

S

SMPA60

Reaction score
I wonder if there is a way to decode files? I have the red dead redemption 2 preload map and other misc files sitting in front of me.... 110mb to be exact.

Top Bottom