• Thread starter AquaVortex
  • Start date
  • Views 7,509
AquaVortex

AquaVortex

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
okay so I’ve been thinking and i want to know if this will work. So if u are able change the files on an Xbox while it requires an update or if u are able to change the update files and update to a different version of the Xbox software that allows u to f*** with games and all will it work? And same things with games if we change the update files and then update the game, then we would have the version with the mods. And one more thing, if u change ur Xbox to a devkit and stay offline and upload the same game files of one game that connects to the same servers and basically recreate the game just with the mod menu then go online with a vpn that is untraceable (so MS doesn’t knock at ur door ready to file a lawsuit) then won’t you be able to run the recreated game with the mods and be able to connect to the same treyarch or activison servers (assuming that cod is being modded).

For all the super-smarts that know what they’re doing, will any of this possibly work and is it worth not updating to next dash or game update to test?

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Platinum Record End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
The short answer would be no. It doesn't work like that.

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Platinum Record End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
Can u tell me how it does work?
The console verifies the update files before applying them, so unless you can somehow bypass that check, you'd fail to install a modified update file in the manner you're suggesting. In terms of the console being exploited, someone would essentially need to create an exploit based on a chain of bugs in the consoles OS that results in the user escaping the sandbox that the bug started in. There are many posts within this section that talk about the sandboxes that are present on the Xbox One.

64G

64G

Meerkat
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
Can u tell me how it does work?
Basically, M$ checks every update that's applied. If not approved then won't go.
The console verifies the update files before applying them, so unless you can somehow bypass that check, you'd fail to install a modified update file in the manner you're suggesting. In terms of the console being exploited, someone would essentially need to create an exploit based on a chain of bugs in the consoles OS that results in the user escaping the sandbox that the bug started in. There are many posts within this section that talk about the sandboxes that are present on the Xbox One.

AquaVortex

AquaVortex

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Basically, M$ checks every update that's applied. If not approved then won't go.
I’m sure there’s away to sneak the files through like replacing them or giving them the names of a common used file

S

schitzotm

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, you need education on how this works.
For an easy example. Lets say I have windows 10 on my pc.
Now lets say I hide the admin account.
Now lets say I take all permissions away from a user account and make that the account to be used. Now lets say I set up a virtual machine as the gui. (User interface) and I set up another to run the apps. Then another to run the disk drive. Then I place all the certificates for games, apps, and functions on the user account that is not the admin. The virtual machines can only access them by running through a security processor then verified then passed to virtual machine.
Now, lets say all updates must run to user account non virtual machine and must pass various hash, encryption, and must carry a signature to be applied. Now lets set it to check again after installing to make sure all keys/signatures match and files are not corrupt before the update is actually applied. Then checked again before it applies it to my virtual machines. And now finally we set flags and a few lines of code that prevent the install from applying an older update.
So now we are at the discs we can use. A special signature is written on the disc to validate original copy. Encryption, game developer signature, and microsoft signature are also used on the disc to protect from making copies.
If any of this is changed or missing then the disc will not run.
So, that is why changing disc does not work for exploiting our pc.
So lets get back to our virtual machine we set up. Lets set up some telematics. Lets set those telematics to be send to cloud storage. Lets set the same security checkong systems up in another system to gather our telematics and just make sure nothing odd is happening in our system.
Now lets completely remove the admin account from our system and remove most of the os we dont need for the virtual machines to run. Now lets remove system 32... (kernel 32)
And only make references to it. Lets encrypt kernel 32 and place it in a bare version of our system on a nand flash. Lets set our nand to also access that security processor as well and communications between our vm and our nand can only be accessed by eachother only by passing through our security processor.
(Are tou still following??)
Now on the blob of our security processor lets make sure it knows what the correct encryption and signatures should be and what they should look like.
We can keep going all day and break down every last part to this system. We can also conclude you cant simply make changes to update and/or games and expect it to do anything besides give an error.
So now weve covered that enough to get the gist.
Dev mode will not simply just load any modded files you feel like loading on someone elses game. And is also a virtual machine.
I hope this helps you understand why you cant do what you asked in the op. If it were that simple there would be thousands of pages on modded files for xbox one and many different threads with full tutorials. And my god. If this is how you think last gen consoles get modded stuff then you are semi insulting the homebrew developers for last gen.

Twisted Impulse

Twisted Impulse

Reaction score
Sin$
I’m sure there’s away to sneak the files through like replacing them or giving them the names of a common used file
Educate yourself on Xbox 360 hacking history & how it was done, & you'll better understand some of the security measures Microsoft uses. The Xbox One is even tougher to break into; they learned from their mistakes.

Everything has checks for the checks to make sure the only things that work are what MS wants to run.

Diaz

Diaz

Se7ensins Official Hoster
Reaction score
Sin$
I would love for exploits to come out for Xbox One just like RGH and JTAGs did, its a matter of time, but I think Microsoft has it on lock this time.

T

The404Spartan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I would love for exploits to come out for Xbox One just like RGH and JTAGs did, its a matter of time, but I think Microsoft has it on lock this time.
Something something bug bounty program.

Sycc

Sycc

Custom Title:
Programmer Modder Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
if an exploit was going to be released I feel like it would have by now. Security features in the xbox one are a lot more intense than the 360, something that a buncha college kids will probably not be able to figure out (or not very quickly) and since nobody really shares that much information on the matter I highly doubt it will ever happen for the xbox one. Microsoft wasn't exactly thinking of people writing unsigned code on the 360 since online gaming was extremely new and it had never been done in the past. However the approach to the creation of the xbox one was done a lot differently. In my opinion, the xbox one kinda sucks anyway. Videogames in general have degraded so much in quality as of recent. I wish the modding community would come back as much as anyone but those days are gone. I honestly just wish consoles would allow for more modification of the game for the sake of the developers, players, and overall quality of the game as many steam games do. There would be a lot less desire to jailbreak or jtag something if they gave you freedom over the technology you purchased in the first place.

TLDR: Microsoft didn't think people were going to try to run unsigned code on the 360. They actually designed the xbox one to have a stronger security in that reguard. As a result it is much to complicated for anyone that would be motivated to do so to figure out. Modding scenes gone I miss my homies, I miss good videogames, and videogame corp ****ing blows and sucks at making videogames.

S

Sketch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
if an exploit was going to be released I feel like it would have by now. Security features in the xbox one are a lot more intense than the 360, something that a buncha college kids will probably not be able to figure out (or not very quickly) and since nobody really shares that much information on the matter I highly doubt it will ever happen for the xbox one. Microsoft wasn't exactly thinking of people writing unsigned code on the 360 since online gaming was extremely new and it had never been done in the past. However the approach to the creation of the xbox one was done a lot differently. In my opinion, the xbox one kinda sucks anyway. Videogames in general have degraded so much in quality as of recent. I wish the modding community would come back as much as anyone but those days are gone. I honestly just wish consoles would allow for more modification of the game for the sake of the developers, players, and overall quality of the game as many steam games do. There would be a lot less desire to jailbreak or jtag something if they gave you freedom over the technology you purchased in the first place.

TLDR: Microsoft didn't think people were going to try to run unsigned code on the 360. They actually designed the xbox one to have a stronger security in that reguard. As a result it is much to complicated for anyone that would be motivated to do so to figure out. Modding scenes gone I miss my homies, I miss good videogames, and videogame corp ****ing blows and sucks at making videogames.
Microsoft designed the 360 to be secure as well, lol.
The only difference is that they improved it a lot. It's still very sploitable, people are overlooking possibilities.

Vegeta

Vegeta

宇宙のマスター
Super Moderators
VIP
MotM Trifecta Diamonds Are Forever
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
In my opinion, the xbox one kinda sucks anyway. Videogames in general have degraded so much in quality as of recent. I wish the modding community would come back as much as anyone but those days are gone. I honestly just wish consoles would allow for more modification of the game for the sake of the developers, players, and overall quality of the game as many steam games do.
Facts.

I wish more people realized this but ignorance is bliss, and no I dont mean if you’re having fun and enjoying the game it means you’re in the wrong so you’re ignorant and I’m right but the quality of games has really changed, its just not as enjoyable anymore. Its not about age either, I’m an adult with responsibilities and all this other **** I gotta do but I still find time to play some Black Ops, some Battlefield, or even some Total War or Civilization V/VI.

I used to take pride and joy in taking a gamesave on my HDD and putting it into my laptop, going on my cracked copy of Horizon and modding my Forza 3 and Forza 4 files... Now you cant do it anymore and its not a bad or a good thing, its just a little bit of both.

T

tunip3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

this is bs team executer is still working

Top Bottom
Login
Register