Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue

Blue

Tippy Top.
Reaction score
Sin$
xbox-one-logo-600x300.gif

Many Xbox One owners were shocked to see that many Xbox 360 features were missing from the Xbox One at launch. It seemed as though Microsoft had taken a step back from the Xbox 360 with the convoluted system that the Xbox One has. Friends lists, party chat, recent players, viewing storage options, gamer profiles, etc., all seemed to be missing from the Xbox One. Due to the uproar of complaints, Microsoft has made it a point to do their best to bring back some of those missing Xbox 360 features. With the "early March" update, users will see the first set of features that are making their way back to the Xbox One. These features include:

"Get to your friends list faster. The friends list will be front and center on the homepage of the Friends app. Click the Social tile on Home, or say "Xbox, go to Friends" to see who's online and what they're up to. From there you can quickly send messages and get into a party.

Party chat will be turned on by default. When you party up, chat audio will be turned on by default.

Chat with friends playing different games. Party chat will be separated from people playing your game, so you can chat with your friends who are online or you can chat with everyone playing the game.

We're adding an "Invite friends to game" option to your multiplayer titles moving forward. Similar to Xbox 360 titles, this will appear inside a games' menu and offer a simple and quicker way to set up your multiplayer battles. Selecting "Invite friends" will let you invite friends to your game and party.

We're adding "Recent Players." This is a simple list that shows you Xbox Live members you've recently played with, making it easier to stay in touch with people, or add new friends after your multiplayer battles."

According to Kotaku: Xbox One's product chief, Marc Whitten, has explained that the update's main intention is to enhance the Xbox One's multiplayer experience before Respawn's exclusive, multiplayer-only Titanfall launches. Also during the time of the update, Microsoft will be releasing an $80 Xbox One stereo headset that includes separate volumes for chat and game volume, as well as a $25 adapter to be used with any non-Microsoft headset. You can expect to be seeing the update along with the stereo headset and adapter, before Titanfall launches on March 11.

Personally, I think this is a great first step in releasing features that should have been on the console from Day One. Microsoft really took a step back from the Xbox 360 with the layout of the Xbox One. However, it is great to see that they are actively making it a point to have these features return to Xbox One. I think this list is a great start, and I truly hope they continue improving the layout of the Xbox One. I expect to see more improvements in the future, and I cannot wait to hear more from them. Are you excited for these new features, and what other features would you like to Microsoft add to the Xbox One?

Source.

Last edited:
Sobriquet

Sobriquet

Banned
Retired
Bright Idea End of the Year 2014 Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Blue Blue , thanks for the submission but this is better suited in the "Xbox One" section, so I'll move it there.

Igotahalfchub

Igotahalfchub

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Its more fun to kick. And what if they start being annoying when they're already in? Everyone has to pick up and leave.
Yeah I definitely can understand that lol glad I have a small group I play with these days

SpartanG01

SpartanG01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Right but when the hell are the going to fix the completely broken media streaming....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register