Xbox One Duplication Guide

SpartanG01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have personally verified these duping methods and know they work 100%. If you have trouble, comment and I'll try to help.
What You Can Do.
  • Duplicate Items and Money
What You Can't Do.
  • Duplicate Eridium or Golden Keys
How To Duplicate Items
-Co Op Duping Method-
There are some things to explain here. If a player leaving, would result in you getting kicked out this wont work. What does this mean? This means the player receiving the items needs to be in a game state they would have access to without the player who is giving the items. Don't invite your buddy who is level 5 to TVHM Mayhem 3 on your Sanctuary and then quit on them, they'll get menu'd and this won't work.
  1. Receiving Player: Invite Giving Player to a game
  2. Initiate a trade (doesn't matter who does it)
  3. Giving Player: Place items to be duped into trade window and hit "Trade"
  4. Giving Player: Press your Xbox Guide button, scroll down to highlight "Borderlands", press "Start", and highlight "Quit"
  5. Receiving Player: Press "Trade" and count down (vocally) with the timer from 3, 2, 1
  6. Giving Player: When the timer reaches 1 press "quit" *1
  7. Receiving Player: Check to make sure you received item
  8. Giving Player: Reload the game and make sure you still have the item
*1: This is dependent on the lag between you and your other player, sometimes you will need to hit quit as they reach 1, sometimes just a hair after they say 1.
-"Solo" Duping Method-
Now I know this says "Solo" but the reality is you need to have 2 controllers and 2 Xbox Live accounts. Only one account needs to own or be gamesharing the game though, not both.
  1. Start the game with your main account, get into the game world and walk 50-100 feet away from the save station
  2. Press start on the main account controller to bring up the pause menu
  3. Press A on the second controller and sign into your second account
  4. Walk to the main account character with the second account character
  5. Trade whatever item you want to dupe to your second account character from the main account character
  6. Walk the second account character over to the save/fast travel station and open then close it
  7. Press the guide button on your second controller and go over to the left and sign out of your second account
  8. Press start on the main account controller to bring up the pause menu
  9. Press A on the second account controller to rejoin (This should have saved the item to your second account)
  10. Walk over to the main account character with your second account character
  11. Trade the items back to the main account from the second account
  12. Press the guide button on your main account controller and highlight borderlands and press start
  13. Select "Manage Game & add-ons"
  14. Go down to "Saved Data"
  15. Highlight the save data for the second account and press A
  16. Select "Delete From Console"
  17. Press the guide button and select Borderlands
  18. You should now have the items on both your main and second accounts. You can log back in with the second account to verify.
Repeat steps 8-18 as needed for money or whatever
I know this "seems" like a lot, but it only seems that way because I tried to write it to be fool proof. In reality it's like 4-5 actual actions and you can repeat them every like 2 minutes depending on your load times so don't feel intimidated. Once you do it once you'll see it's not as hard as it looks, it's just a lot of text for specificity's sake is all.
Notes
I do not "own" borderlands. I game share it from a friend. His "home" console is my console. This still works.
You do not at any point need to go offline.
You do not need to back up any saved data.
This will not corrupt your save.
I've done this probably 50 times now to max out money on all 4 of my characters and to give them identical sets of weapons and shields.
I have done the co-op duping method with my friend more than a dozen times in his game, in mine, with both of us as host. It works.
At no point during any of this did I ever lose anything. If the trade fails, or your quit too early, or anything goes wrong the game just treats it as the trade having not happened.
I did this with a second account that quit out seconds after getting the Echo Device so you do not need any progress besides registering with the Customization Machine which is like the 2nd thing you do in Borderlands.
IF YOU KNOW A WAY TO DUPLICATE KEYS/ERIDIUM PLEASE TELL ME
I'll add it to the guide ASAP.

d3monwo1f

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank u for this. Are you or do you know anyone that’s boosting levels for the community? Thanks for your time

SpartanG01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank u for this. Are you or do you know anyone that’s boosting levels for the community? Thanks for your time
I wish, I've been trying to find someone to help me boost for like 2 days lol I'm almost at 50 by my self.

d3monwo1f

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish, I've been trying to find someone to help me boost for like 2 days lol I'm almost at 50 by my self.
Awesome at least u will be able to do the xp exploit before it gets patched. U finished game? Put on mayhem and fight the vault boss in Eden -6 apparently massive xp. If u do do some let me know :smile: I’d pay back the favor obviously.

Top Bottom