What's new

Question Xbox one disc drive dg-6m1s failed. Dg-6m5s possible?

• Thread starter jetuaime81
  • Start date
  • Views 591
J

jetuaime81

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi i have a phat xbox one (day ine edition) the blu ray drive failed and was not detected. Check the drive board was somewhat corroded and while cleaning some pads came off which i cant repair.

Locally i found 6m5s model drive available. Can swap the microsoft chip onto 6m5s and put it in phat xbox? Also the power and sata cable seems different for 6m5s so should i use the 6m1s cables?

J

jetuaime81

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi i have a phat xbox one (day ine edition) the blu ray drive failed and was not detected. Check the drive board was somewhat corroded and while cleaning some pads came off which i cant repair.

Locally i found 6m5s model drive available. Can swap the microsoft chip onto 6m5s and put it in phat xbox? Also the power and sata cable seems different for 6m5s so should i use the 6m1s cables?
So i bought the spare drive and swapped the chip but still not detected (.e100 703 80910002 drive not found). The new chip was put back and tried but gave a different error e100 703 80910008 (drive mismatch).

So now it seems it is the main chip that is damaged. As far as i know there is no way to remarry a different chip and my xbox is trash stuck in the update loop.

But as a last resort im hoping against hope that someone here might know what to do.

Top Bottom
Login
Register