What's new

[Xbox One] DDOS on fortnite Battleroyal?

B

BigLez

Reaction score
Been top 5 a few times and just suddenly disconnect. not always, but only when theres legit no one to be seen.

So, how do they do it? i tried using lanc to see if i could grab IP's from the game, and only gave party members ip's not even the servers

N

NfX

ex-CoD Hoster
Reaction score
Been top 5 a few times and just suddenly disconnect. not always, but only when theres legit no one to be seen.

So, how do they do it? i tried using lanc to see if i could grab IP's from the game, and only gave party members ip's not even the servers
I believe the xb1 has ip's hidden pretty good especially compared to the 360. I would take a look for other games to see if they have ddos methods; before attempting a game that just went to console last monthish

L

lLoui2

Reaction score
I believe the xb1 has ip's hidden pretty good especially compared to the 360. I would take a look for other games to see if they have ddos methods; before attempting a game that just went to console last monthish
I think as long as the game is peer to peer or host based (and you're host), you can still acquire IP addresses of people.
I know this to be the case for GTA 5 Xbox One/PS4. Not sure about Fortnite (I think it's server based) but I wouldn't be surprised if they had some peer to peer connections going on.

N

NfX

ex-CoD Hoster
Reaction score
I think as long as the game is peer to peer or host based (and you're host), you can still acquire IP addresses of people.
I know this to be the case for GTA 5 Xbox One/PS4. Not sure about Fortnite (I think it's server based) but I wouldn't be surprised if they had some peer to peer connections going on.
It seems like fortnite is server from my experiences playing the game, maybe squad members in a party are peer to peer and the host of the party is server connected.. I doubt they'd make it that complicated though.
There will probably be some way, if there isn't already, on how to pull IPs from a server based game.

L

lLoui2

Reaction score
It seems like fortnite is server from my experiences playing the game, maybe squad members in a party are peer to peer and the host of the party is server connected.. I doubt they'd make it that complicated though.
There will probably be some way, if there isn't already, on how to pull IPs from a server based game.
The problem with pulling player IP's from a server based game as opposed to a peer to peer game, is that the server is the one communicating with the players.

In a server based game, data goes from Player to Server and then from Server to Player. The players never send data directly to each other and thus you can only pull the IP of the server itself.
In a peer to peer game, all players send data directly to all other players. All players are sending data to each other and thus you can pull the IP of players sending data to you.

There could be a special case where certain features of the game may use peer to peer or player host but usually a server based game is server based to avoid these kinds of networking and all the downsides that come with it.

X

xl COOLWHIP

Passin that weed, like I studied.
Reaction score
Last month? This game came out to consoles in like September or November, not Janurary.

N

NfX

ex-CoD Hoster
Reaction score
Last month? This game came out to consoles in like September or November, not Janurary.
You can tell how much I follow up on fortnite xD. I remember hearing everyone talk about battle Royale being in early access so I thought it was relatively new to console. (Within a month is)

Top Bottom