What's new

XBOX ONE Controller Wireless Charging

S

Shanther

Reaction score
Sin$
Basically I don't like the idea that the only way to get an xbox controller to wireless charge is with a 3rd party battery. If you have an older phone with no wireless charging you can buy a paper thin pad that slips between the case and the back of the phone. Why can't someone make the pad fit on the inside of the controller? That is something I would pay for.

I noticed the PS4 has a small plastic "thing" that can be plugged into the charging port to allow it to weirelessly charge as well. Even something like that would be good.

Anyone know anything that could either work (while not changing the battery) or want to come up with an idea that could maybe start the ball rolling to make this a thing?

ParaMods

ParaMods

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thats an pretty good idea you came across, you could take one of the Wireless charger pads and try to get it in the Controller, then add rechargables batterys and wire the pad somehow to the batterys. Just my way i would try it, maybe you got any other thing about this?

S

Shanther

Reaction score
Sin$
Thats an pretty good idea you came across, you could take one of the Wireless charger pads and try to get it in the Controller, then add rechargables batterys and wire the pad somehow to the batterys. Just my way i would try it, maybe you got any other thing about this?

The only issue is that is already done. People already have batteries that can be put on a wireless charging mat to charge. I want a method that is completely inside that will allow normal rechargeable battery packs to be charged wirelessly. It would be much more convenient and people could keep their current battery packs.

Fogel

Fogel

Call Me Mclovin!
Reaction score
Sin$
Wireless charging is a horrible idea for a controller. U wouldn’t be able to play

P

PURPA TURTA

Reaction score
Sin$
Buy the charge and play kit that comes with the official microsoft rechargable battery or even any other 3rd party rechargable battery like nyko basically any battery pack you can charge through the usb on the controller. Then buy the qi charger micro usb charger pad here.
Then get some double sided tape and stick it to the bottom of your controller.
Any normal qi charger would work but youd probably need a smaller one to sit between your controllers handles.
Also the official microsoft battery is 1400mah and most newer phones are usually more than double that so it wont have any trouble charging.

S

Shanther

Reaction score
Sin$
Wireless charging is a horrible idea for a controller. U wouldn’t be able to play

Just like on a mobile phone. When you are done using it for the day and go to bed you put it on charge. If you want to use it while charging that's why it can still be cable charged.

In short when you are done playing for the day put it on the charging mat but if it somehow runs out of charge as you are playing then use the play and charge kit.

Buy the charge and play kit that comes with the official microsoft rechargable battery or even any other 3rd party rechargable battery like nyko basically any battery pack you can charge through the usb on the controller. Then buy the qi charger micro usb charger pad here.
Then get some double sided tape and stick it to the bottom of your controller.
Any normal qi charger would work but youd probably need a smaller one to sit between your controllers handles.
Also the official microsoft battery is 1400mah and most newer phones are usually more than double that so it wont have any trouble charging.

I would 100% agree with this if it didn't take away the option for the play and charge kit. I also refuse to use a 3rd party battery. I have seen 3rd party batteries that would do exactly what I want but that isn't the point.

I would love that charging pad built in like newer phones but in a way that still leaves the cable usable. Keep in mind if you plug the cable into a phone with wireless charging then put it on a charging mat only 1 charging option will work.

I am simply after a mod that allows the controller to charge in the same way that modern mobile phones do.

Fogel

Fogel

Call Me Mclovin!
Reaction score
Sin$
Just like on a mobile phone. When you are done using it for the day and go to bed you put it on charge. If you want to use it while charging that's why it can still be cable charged.

In short when you are done playing for the day put it on the charging mat but if it somehow runs out of charge as you are playing then use the play and charge kit.

I would 100% agree with this if it didn't take away the option for the play and charge kit. I also refuse to use a 3rd party battery. I have seen 3rd party batteries that would do exactly what I want but that isn't the point.

I would love that charging pad built in like newer phones but in a way that still leaves the cable usable. Keep in mind if you plug the cable into a phone with wireless charging then put it on a charging mat only 1 charging option will work.

I am simply after a mod that allows the controller to charge in the same way that modern mobile phones do.
yeah but what’s the point of it I understand that but wireless charging isn’t any better to my knowledge just more inconvenient.

S

Shanther

Reaction score
Sin$
Exactly. I could be lazy and when I am done gaming I could pick up my phone and put the controller down. Wireless charging is nothing but convienence.

P

Peng Peng

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Exactly. I could be lazy and when I am done gaming I could pick up my phone and put the controller down. Wireless charging is nothing but convienence.
Ps4 and Xbox use the same charging cord so wouldn’t it work for both? Or why does it not work?

S

Shanther

Reaction score
Sin$
Ps4 and Xbox use the same charging cord so wouldn’t it work for both? Or why does it not work?

Sony need something extra for it to charge. It can't be plugged directly into power like xbox can. Silly security flaw.

Top Bottom
Login
Register