What's new

Solved Xbox One Controller NOT CONNECTING?

• Thread starter Inzanity
  • Start date
  • Views 1,455
Inzanity

Inzanity

♔Xbox 360 Multi-CoD and GTA Services♔
Reaction score
Sin$
It seems that my controller doesn't want to connect when I disconnect from XBL. I've tried new batteries, a different controller and that didn't work still. Is anyone else having this problem? My controller works fine on friends' xboxs so I don't think it's the controller?

T

TGxSUGARCOOKIEx

Reaction score
Sin$
u know the usb cable what you got with your xbox one which you need to use for charging the control up, Use that

Exclusions

Exclusions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

There you go man!

Text version:
1. Turn off console.
2. Unplug the cable that is in the power brick.
3. wait 10-15 seconds, then plug it back in.
4. Turn your console on by holding the middle button on the Xbox One controller.
5. Now your controller should work!

Inzanity

Inzanity

Reaction score
Sin$

There you go man!

Text version:
1. Turn off console.
2. Unplug the cable that is in the power brick.
3. wait 10-15 seconds, then plug it back in.
4. Turn your console on by holding the middle button on the Xbox One controller.
5. Now your controller should work!

Didn't work. 
u know the usb cable what you got with your xbox one which you need to use for charging the control up, Use that
Didn't get one I don't think

II{-_-}II

II{-_-}II

esoteric
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
They don't come with consoles afaik, i didn't get one..
They didn't come with my console, and I doubt other consoles since its a $20-$25 accessory for the Plug and Play, but you get one if you buy a controller bundle and it also has one in the Headset Adapters since it needs it to be plugged in to do an update. I've never heard of your issue, but I wouldn't go buying anything without talking to support first. I'd call them up, you can look on the support page on xbox.com, but your issue with it happening after disconnecting from XBL seems weird...

Exclusions

Exclusions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Use a micro USB cable then(Android Phone Charger Cable). The method shown in the video has worked for me in the past.

II{-_-}II

II{-_-}II

esoteric
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I just remembered that the controllers are sometimes tied to your xbox live profiles and are recognized by your kinect. If you have a kinect, try unplugging it and see if anything different happens, I would just call them though.

Inzanity

Inzanity

Reaction score
Sin$
I just remembered that the controllers are sometimes tied to your xbox live profiles and are recognized by your kinect. If you have a kinect, try unplugging it and see if anything different happens, I would just call them though.
I don't own a connect. Could it be because I set my mates Xbox as my home xbox so he could get some of my games? 
I don't own a connect. Could it be because I set my mates Xbox as my home xbox so he could get some of my games?
(he has kinect)

Inzanity

Inzanity

Reaction score
Sin$

(he has kinect)
(and I don't own a KINECT, not connect, my bad for that terrible mistake, pmsl)

Inzanity

Inzanity

Reaction score
Sin$
Talked to Sanjay via XBL Support, got it somewhat working better. I'll keep posted and lock the original post if my problem is sorted.

B-rad

B-rad

Press On
Legendary Veteran 10th Anniversary Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Talked to Sanjay via XBL Support, got it somewhat working better. I'll keep posted and lock the original post if my problem is sorted.

Like T TGxSUGARCOOKIEx has said, you'll need a USB. Since you have not yet sorted your problem I wanted to reinstate that he is correct.

I had the same issue after playing my controllers on a separate Xbox One. I used to take my controllers to my friends house and once in a while when I returned had issues with connecting. If you have a Turtle Beach headset that comes with a USB use that. After that it will work every time.

Inzanity

Inzanity

Reaction score
Sin$
Like T TGxSUGARCOOKIEx has said, you'll need a USB. Since you have not yet sorted your problem I wanted to reinstate that he is correct.

I had the same issue after playing my controllers on a separate Xbox One. I used to take my controllers to my friends house and once in a while when I returned had issues with connecting. If you have a Turtle Beach headset that comes with a USB use that. After that it will work every time.
Did it disconnect you from Xbox Live too?

B-rad

B-rad

Press On
Reaction score
Sin$
Did it disconnect you from Xbox Live too?

No it wouldn't connect at all. A bit odd it disconnects you from live. If you try using a usb and that doesn't work you may want to check on the warranty. If you signed up for one you can probably send it in for a new controller.

Inzanity

Inzanity

Reaction score
Sin$
No it wouldn't connect at all. A bit odd it disconnects you from live. If you try using a usb and that doesn't work you may want to check on the warranty. If you signed up for one you can probably send it in for a new controller.

I don't think it's the controller because both of mine are doing the same.
Apparently, when my virgin media fibre optic broadband was being fitted, the person said that it had some sort of problem with Xbox Ones, but its been fitted over 6 months and only recently getting this problem?

B-rad

B-rad

Press On
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't think it's the controller because both of mine are doing the same.
Apparently, when my virgin media fibre optic broadband was being fitted, the person said that it had some sort of problem with Xbox Ones, but its been fitted over 6 months and only recently getting this problem?

It could be a number of things. What I can speculate is the device is not being picked up as a recognizable piece of hardware on your X1.

If both your controllers are doing it then you can rule out that it's the controller because it's not. You will need to find out what's going on with your xbox one. Unless coincidentally both your controllers are messed up. I doubt that. You said they worked at your friends houses. It's definitely a problem with your xbox one.

Make sure your xbox live dashboard is updated to the latest version as well just in case.

Inzanity

Inzanity

Reaction score
Sin$
It's updated. I can send it away for free. I've tried factory resetting it which didn't work and caused me about 16 hours of frustration to redownload games which I will need to do again. Sending it to MS, Getting a replacement. If it still doesn't work, I can then confirm its my connection, which sucks because its super fast.

Top Bottom
Login
Register