What's new

Patched Xbox One "A New Perspective" Achievement

KayDee

KayDee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys, I found a way to get the "A New Perspective" achievement on Xbox One without having to leave your console on and AFK for 15 hours.

This achievement is a secret, so it wont be described in your lists until you've received it. How it's gotten is to play the game for 15 hours in first person mode.

Here's the how to do it:

Step 1. Create an online invite-only session
Step 2. When you're ready, go into first person mode (I think this works anywhere)
Step 3. Turn your Xbox off (standby, not full power off)
Step 4. Now comes the slightly long part; you will need to wait 15 hours before turning it back on
Step 6. Turn your Xbox back on, sign into the same profile you were on before, and choose to resume the game last played on the home screen

Ta-da, you've got one more achievement in the books.

Extra info:

If you're curious, the glitch works due to the fact that on standby the game doesn't remove you from the invite only session due to disconnection or lack of movement. Therefore, when you resume the game, you've got about two or three seconds before you're kicked out of the session, and in that small amount of time, the Xbox recognizes that you're still in the game and gives the Achievement.

The reason that I'm fairly sure this only works for Xbox One is because it involves the standby/auto-resume function, however, if I'm wrong and it works on PS4 as well, feel free to let me know.

Note: I'm not sure that you can turn your Xbox on whatsoever within the 15 hour period without voiding the achievement, so to be safe I personally wouldn't. Just set it up before you go to sleep, and then the next day when you get home it should be done.

I got this achievement accidentally, so a lot of this info is merely speculation. If any of you are able to do this and find out more information about how it works or disprove something I've said, I implore you to do so, and I will update the post as soon as possible.

Thanks and good luck!

frostyDdopeman

frostyDdopeman

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Or just play in first person for 15 hours... Lol

I mean, cool guide for those who don't... Props to you for that.

I just don't get what's so bad about playing in first person, alot of people trip out when they find out I only play in first person... am I alone? Lol

Akira

Akira

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Why do this online, can't you do this in sp? This isn't mode specific and time spent in fpv is cumulative....

PAUSE > STATS > GENERAL > TIME PLAYED IN FIRST PERSON.

This isn't a glitch.:facepalm:

KayDee

KayDee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Why do this online, can't you do this in sp? This isn't mode specific and time spent in fpv is cumulative....

PAUSE > STATS > GENERAL > TIME PLAYED IN FIRST PERSON.

This isn't a glitch.:facepalm:

The reason it's done online is so that you don't have to leave your console on and AFK for 15 hours. I'm not sure if this works in single player like this, as you can only get achievements once, so I can't confirm. And I can't fully see why you don't think it's a glitch as your console isn't powered on when you're gaining achievements. Also I do know that if you do the glitch, it doesn't add the hours to your total hours spent online.

Sounds a lot like a glitch to me friend, however I've been wrong in the past and I'm sure I'll be wrong again some day.

frostyDdopeman

frostyDdopeman

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
I cannot get used to it after a year of playing in 3rd...

True. I thought the same thing, but now that is all I use.

I can't drive in first person though, yet in Forza all I use is first person... weird.

KayDee

KayDee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
True. I thought the same thing, but now that is all I use.

I can't drive in first person though, yet in Forza all I use is first person... weird.
I agree, FH2 first person is great and I can stay in it for hours on end, but GTA driving is just weird. I'm sure it's got something to due with the (lack of) FOV that they have set.

frostyDdopeman

frostyDdopeman

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
I agree, FH2 first person is great and I can stay in it for hours on end, but GTA driving is just weird. I'm sure it's got something to due with the (lack of) FOV that they have set.

Yep, even with the FOV pulled out all the way in the settings, its still not the same.

Oh well... on foot FPV is awesome. lol

btw... IMO this is a glitch of sorts.

KayDee

KayDee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yep, even with the FOV pulled out all the way in the settings, its still not the same.

Oh well... on foot FPV is awesome. lol

btw... IMO this is a glitch of sorts.
Definitely one of sorts. Also, I just think that it's there to be novel really, not meant to revolutionise the way everyone plays GTA.

frostyDdopeman

frostyDdopeman

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Definitely one of sorts. Also, I just think that it's there to be novel really, not meant to revolutionise the way everyone plays GTA.

True... but it does give you a sense of actually being in the game.

T3DDY_173

T3DDY_173

the official T3DDY
Hardened Veteran Frame In Gold Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
The reason it's done online is so that you don't have to leave your console on and AFK for 15 hours. I'm not sure if this works in single player like this, as you can only get achievements once, so I can't confirm. And I can't fully see why you don't think it's a glitch as your console isn't powered on when you're gaining achievements. Also I do know that if you do the glitch, it doesn't add the hours to your total hours spent online.

Sounds a lot like a glitch to me friend, however I've been wrong in the past and I'm sure I'll be wrong again some day.

it kind of isnt a glitch because you just put it into standby and wait 15 hours.
if it was a glitch then it would like skip the hours.

KayDee

KayDee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
it kind of isnt a glitch because you just put it into standby and wait 15 hours.
if it was a glitch then it would like skip the hours.
If you're turning it off and earning the achievement while the console isn't powered on, I personally feel like that's a glitch.

T3DDY_173

T3DDY_173

the official T3DDY
Hardened Veteran Frame In Gold Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
If you're turning it off and earning the achievement while the console isn't powered on, I personally feel like that's a glitch.

the console IS powered on but not fully so ur still in the game and everything works as it should.

KayDee

KayDee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
the console IS powered on but not fully so ur still in the game and everything works as it should.
However, it would regularly kick you out of the online session long before you could actually receive the achievement. The console is powered yes, but it is not on. It doesn't actually add to your total hours played, so the game doesn't think you're still in it, but the Xbox does. The developers certainly didn't mean for this to exist, and it's a back-door(ish) method to gain an achievement, so I, personally, would definitely still classify this as a glitch.

Jorden Tayler

Jorden Tayler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Not really a glitch as you still have to wait 15 hours. This achievement is cumulative so you don't have to get it all at one time. Also, time is added in both single player and online for this.

Top Bottom
Login
Register