What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Question Xbox Neighborhood doesn't appear on the desktop after installation.

M

metallic_monk

Reaction score
Sin$
I've installed neighborhood easily in the past, but now the actual application for neighborhood doesn't seem to get installed by the installer. It is not visible in the start menu or on the desktop. I've tried multiple versions of the SDK from various places, but they all have the same problem. Desktop icons are visible, and the installer says it was completed successfully.

I am not talking about connecting it to the RGH, I'm saying the after the SDK installs neighborhood doesn't appear as an application.

James Avery

James Avery

Reaction score
Sin$
It sounds like there might be an issue with the installation process. Have you tried checking the installation directory to see if Neighborhood was installed there but just not properly linked to the start menu or desktop?

M

metallic_monk

Reaction score
Sin$
It sounds like there might be an issue with the installation process. Have you tried checking the installation directory to see if Neighborhood was installed there but just not properly linked to the start menu or desktop?
You are not going to believe this, after having uninstalled it and reinstalled it over and over again I decided I'd just check in the recycle bin to see if I'd deleted something, the shortcut was being installed to the recycle bin.

Top Bottom
Login
Register