• Views 5,936
Dramskizz

Dramskizz

Steam <3
Mythical Veteran Stickied TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
:closedeyes:

My brother got the inside scoop from someone that works for Microsoft, there will be Free Xbox Live and Free Gamertag changes coming in 2012! As we all know that the PS3 can play online for free and do things the Xbox 360 can't so there are more people are buying PS3's instead of the 360. If Microsoft does what my source has said, the Xbox 360 would get more players and much much more cash.

I'm not posting this for attention or rep. I'm just letting you guys know what is going to happen in the future. The answer will soon be among us, all we have to do is wait and see.

Futile

Futile

Contributor
Grizzled Veteran Forum Addict Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Free Xbox Live? Yeah right. I highly doubt M$ would bother losing all that money when people are so willing to pay for them now.

Mr Blind

Mr Blind

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is great and all if it is true but wont making Xbox Live free just encourage people to do more online mods as they can simply make unlimited free accounts? Oh well, Thanks for posting anyway :smile:

Rally

Rally

Experienced Member
Mythical Veteran Tutorial Creator Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
My brother got the inside scoop from someone that works for Microsoft, there will be Free Xbox Live :wink: Silver* and Free Gamertag changes when you first make your account* coming in 2012! As we all know that the PS3 can play online for free and do things the Xbox 360 can't so there are more people are buying PS3's instead of the 360. If Microsoft does what my source has said, the Xbox 360 would get more players and much much more cash.
fix'd

<3

CrAzY FaIrYHoPn

CrAzY FaIrYHoPn

FairyHopn' All Day
Retired
Grammar Nazi TotM MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Business wise, it is a great move on their part. A lot of people don't buy DLC because live is too expensive. That mixed with more console purchases will increase their revenue greatly.

Also, people rarely get repoed for posting news. I just do it to keep people informed :smile:

dMDzn

oRushez

Experienced Veteran Programmer Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
This should be interesting, time can only tell(or if Microsoft say for themselves)

Success

Success

JulysVeryOwn
Chatty Kathy
Reaction score
Sin$
I change my Gamertag like every month so this should save me some money :smile:

AntiGrief

AntiGrief

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I know somepeople that sold there xbox and quit playing because xbox live got too expensive. If they made xbox live free ( more people playing it ) then still charged for microsoft points, I think they stil would be making money

Duck

Duck

Quack Quack!
MotM Sinner
Reaction score
Sin$
Xbox LIVE is already FREE - They call it silver

A free gamertag change would be nice. I think Microsoft should give every gold member a Christmas present this year. Forget about 2012, I want 2011 freebies.

InfectHead

-Kamil-

Strip the flesh, salt the wound!
End of the Year 2012 MotM Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
As we all know that the PS3 can play online for free and do things the Xbox 360 can't so there are more people are buying PS3's instead of the 360.

I'd like to see your source on that.

Also at all the people saying Xbox Live is expensive: It's $60 for 12 months right? So that's $5 a month. To me, that doesn't seem very expensive nor a rip-off considering the amazing service that is Xbox Live. Now I understand if you are going to College or whatever and live by yourself so you pay your own rent etc. etc. but $5 is less than an hours worth of work, even at minimum wage.

tl;dr: Don't like it don't buy it.

I

IwearHelmet4Bed

Getting There
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
If it does become free I just hope M$ keep live the way it is, its easy to connect to friends and voice chat is good. PSN I find hard to connect to friends sometimes and the voice chat is terrible on it.

Crucify

Crucify

Let's do this!
Mythical Veteran Jokester AzzidReign Jr
Reaction score
Sin$
That would be cool to change your gamertag for free!

Hate paying ten bucks just to change it.

Treasure

Treasure

HowManyLettersCanIFitInHereBeforeIRunOutOfSpace?50
Jokester Fabled Veteran Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
Why is everyone so happy for just free name changes, free XBL, that will be the greatest thing in the world.

Kronic JL

Kronic JL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
2012.. too late. World ends. Tricky bastards.

OH BTW- I heard a rumor Mcdonalds, Walmart, and a few others are also going to freely give away things.

Alex

Alex

chazbae
Retired
Frame In Gold Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
If they were to make it free then they would have to reimburse everyone who have still paid for when it becomes free. Microsoft wouldn't put themselves in that situation.

crovean

crovean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Free name changes would just mean that more free accounts will be made and pretty soon everyone's GT's will end up being "ahdasdaksdas13123" and literally every 15 digit GT will get taken and they will either need to reset a s*** ton of tags that have been inactive for like 3 months time or start letting us make longer tags.

Top Bottom
Login
Register