Xbox Live Problems

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Xxx YoOoO xxX, Nov 13, 2008 with 13 replies and 450 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xxx YoOoO xxX

Xxx YoOoO xxX Banned

Ratings:
    Okay well just recently i have had a problem connecting to the internet with my 360...I just got it back from the repair center...

Now We have tried everything we have even connected my Ethernet wire straight to my modem still doesnt work...

Its saying that the MTU is failing...Now this doesnt make sense b/c my MUT at 192.168.1.1 is set at 1500 and the normal one is 1364..And i set it to that and still didnt work...I called my internet provider and they reset everything and it still didnt work..

Now Everything else is fine...Except MTU and Xbox Live...When MTU passes (rarley) the Xbox live part will fail...

Any suggestions? I really need help its pissing me off..Thanx

2. S y N I K a L

S y N I K a L /ˈsɪn·ɪ·kəl/ Premium

Ratings:
  3. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
    Xbox Live isn't down.

Like I told him though, make sure it's on DHCP (automatic). If you have an IP that changes then static won't work.

If it's not that but you still can't get it to work then type your IP into the address bar and you'll go into your ISP page. Be very careful because the slightest mistake can shut your entire Internet down. At this point you can get all the information on your ISP that you need and make everything static, including the DNS servers.

If none of that works then I don't know what to tell you.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TuBbY BuNnY

TuBbY BuNnY Contributor

Ratings:
    on your router, as B-rad said, CHeck DHCP

Now check UPnP is enabled also

If you want to trouble shoot it even further, Manually assign your Xbox with a IP address then go into your router, go to DMZ and put your xbox's IP address in there. If it still fails then directly connect your xbox to your modem, and if it still persists, then your ISP is full of lies

• Like Like x 1
  5. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
    If you can't get it to work after all that, I highly suggest you send it back because there's something wrong with your 360.

6. Conquer

Conquer Member

Ratings:
    Was it working ok before?
    Before going ahead and making any changes, was Xbox live working before? And all of a sudden you are getting an MTU failure? If so its probably just a temporary problem.
    You can quite often get an MTU failure if the Xbox live service is down, or there is some disruption in the path between your Xbox and the live service (i.e. a problem with your ISP). So if this message has just appeared and it was working fine earlier. Sit it out and wait.
    However, if this is a new setup and you've never been able to connect. Read on.
    MTU Failed

If you are experiencing problems with the MTU test on the Xbox 360, you will need to change your router or PC (if you are using ICS) to conform to the Xbox live standards.
    On a router you will need to browse to the configuration screen and change the setting to a maximum of 1492 or if you are using AOL try 1365 (the lowest possible setting for Xbox Live is 1364). Save the settings and reboot the router and try again.​
    Basically you need to keep lowering the setting until you get one that works for you. If you are using ICS you will need a program called [Click here to view the link]to change your settings, google for it and change your internet connections MTU and reboot your PC.

Also see the official response from [Click here to view the link]
    And see [Click here to view the link] FAQ for info on Tweaking and finding the best MTU value for your setup, or [Click here to view the link] and [Click here to view the link] to find your optimum MTU value
    DrTCP does not work on Vista, please see [Click here to view the link] for tips on tweaking your MTU using Vista.
    Cable Users (NTL/Telewest/Virgin)
    If you connect direct to your cable modem and get an MTU error, follow the instructions [Click here to view the link]

At Uni/College/Halls of Residence?

If your at Uni/College/Halls of residence and get this message [Click here to view the link]

Xbox live down?
    If the Xbox Live service is down for maintenance expect to see this message or Xbox Live Failed.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    Xxx YoOoO xxX

Xxx YoOoO xxX Banned

Ratings:
    THank you guys alot for all the info...Its a new xbox i have never really had a problem with this before...Just with this xbox..And all the sudden the MTU almost never passes and when it does the Xbox live fails...

So i will try all of these things and if they dont work then i am gunna send the xbox back and demand a NEW one b/c this will be sending it back the fourth time in a month..

8. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
    I would do the same because the only explanation there is if it doesn't work is that they messed something up.

9. OP
    Xxx YoOoO xxX

Xxx YoOoO xxX Banned

Ratings:
    Alright yea..I have been working on it...And the MTU passed about 5 times in a row and Xbox live was failing..But then all the sudden i got on to Xbox live for about 15 mins and it booted me off...So maybe it has something to do w/ my ISP idk...Ill search into it more

Thanx guys

10. TuBbY BuNnY

TuBbY BuNnY Contributor

Ratings:
    Ya right now XBox live started being gay for me, o well, I got music too listen too

11. AZInuYasha

AZInuYasha Newbie

Ratings:
    Live is having problems everyone is getting kicked off of Live. I got kicked off 5 times today.

12. TuBbY BuNnY

TuBbY BuNnY Contributor

Ratings:
    Same here, Its happening to everyone, o well, not really playing just relaxing from work :thumbup:

13. Dot

Dot Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Yah it wont even let me connect. Something must be going haywire up there.

14. OP
    Xxx YoOoO xxX

Xxx YoOoO xxX Banned

Ratings:
    o dang...thats the problem i thought it was my xbox lol...And i was getting so mad b/c i would spend 2-3 hours trying to fix it and nothing..lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.