What's new

Solved xbox live markedplace

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Creasingbulldog

Reaction score
Sin$
I live in europe and since mass effect andromeda launch 2 days later than america i want to try get it on american release.

If i buy it on the american markedplace on internet will i be able to play it on the american release date?

Any suggestions is appriciated.

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Mythical Veteran Fabled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
I live in europe and since mass effect andromeda launch 2 days later than america i want to try get it on american release.

If i buy it on the american markedplace on internet will i be able to play it on the american release date?

Any suggestions is appriciated.
In order to be able to play it on the North American release date, you will need to buy it from the US or Canada marketplace.

So yes, you are correct.

C

Creasingbulldog

Reaction score
Sin$
In order to be able to play it on the North American release date, you will need to buy it from the US or Canada marketplace.

So yes, you are correct.

Thanks! may i ask one more thing?

Would i need to change the region on my xbox console also?

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks! may i ask one more thing?

Would i need to change the region on my xbox console also?
All you will need to do is change the Location in your settings (All Settings > System > Language & Location > Location) to United States or Canada.

Edit: For it to work this way, you'll need to buy US Xbox Currency from Amazon or the Microsoft Store.

Last edited:
Jaykae

Jaykae

Removed
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Reporter
Reaction score
Sin$
All you will need to do is change the Location in your settings (All Settings > System > Language & Location > Location) to United States or Canada.

Sorry but what you're saying is not true.
He won't be able to buy it because of cross region. you can only purchase live from different regions, not games. unless your account is SET to that region.

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry but what you're saying is not true.
He won't be able to buy it because of cross region. you can only purchase live from different regions, not games. unless your account is SET to that region.
Unless they changed how it works (and I'm pretty sure they didn't), that's all he'd need to do.

I don't understand what you mean by cross region. The Xbox One is region free. Your account isn't what's tied to the marketplace, it's the locale of the Xbox. People buy games off of different marketplaces to get games cheaper/earlier all the time. I know someone who changed their location on their Xbox One to Japan to buy Dark Souls 3 early. It worked.

I do know that they changed it so you can't use a credit card or paypal on different regions (maybe that's what you mean?), but you can just buy that region's Xbox currency online and put it on your account.

Last edited:
Jaykae

Jaykae

Removed
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Reporter
Reaction score
Sin$
Unless they changed how it works (and I'm pretty sure they didn't), that's all he'd need to do.

I don't understand what you mean by cross region. The Xbox One is region free. Your account isn't what's tied to the marketplace, it's the locale of the Xbox. People buy games off of different marketplaces to get games cheaper/earlier all the time. I know someone who changed their location on their Xbox One to Japan to buy Dark Souls 3 early. It worked.

I do know that they changed it so you can't use a credit card or paypal on different regions (maybe that's what you mean?), but you can just buy that region's Xbox currency online and put it on your account.

You're mistaken. it's all tied to which locale your account is set to.
I have my account set to the UK, I changed my billing info and payment type to india, done what you said and changed the xbox location and bought from India's XBOX live 12 months. I can't buy games the same way, only live with different regions. otherwise I get errors all over the place saying "cross region".

When you try and buy a game (with paypal or your credit/debit card) if your account is say set to the UK and it's a US game, you'll get an error say cross region and it won't go through. trust me, I have tried many times.

The only 1 way afaik is to buy gift cards from the said region, this 1 being the US. then just redeem on your XBOX by changing the location only.

You can read more with this thread:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/xbox-one-buying-from-colombia-guide-works-for-regions-2326463

And you can check your XBOX locale account here:

https://live.xbox.com/en-GB/A@MccountMigration

Good luck.

EDIT:

Just incase you're thinking I'm chatting poo. change your XBOX location to India and try AND BUY a game from India, I know you're in Canada. you'll see the famous cross region.

Also, you can ask M4YON if you don't believe me.

Last edited:
Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
You're mistaken. it's all tied to which locale your account is set to.
I have my account set to the UK, I changed my billing info and payment type to india, done what you said and changed the xbox location and bought from India's XBOX live 12 months. I can't buy games the same way, only live with different regions. otherwise I get errors all over the place saying "cross region".

When you try and buy a game (with paypal or your credit/debit card) if your account is say set to the UK and it's a US game, you'll get an error say cross region and it won't go through. trust me, I have tried many times.

The only 1 way afaik is to buy gift cards from the said region, this 1 being the US. then just redeem on your XBOX by changing the location only.

You can read more with this thread:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/xbox-one-buying-from-colombia-guide-works-for-regions-2326463

And you can check your XBOX locale account here:

https://live.xbox.com/en-GB/A@MccountMigration

Good luck.

EDIT:

Just incase you're thinking I'm chatting poo. change your XBOX location to India and try AND BUY a game from India, I know you're in Canada. you'll see the famous cross region.

Also, you can ask M4YON if you don't believe me.

I'm not mistaken at all. I mentioned that here:
I was basing it off of buying Xbox currency, not using a credit card/Paypal. I wasn't wrong, you were just thinking of using a credit card/Paypal to buy the game, where I was thinking of using Xbox Currency. I should have been more clear, though, so thank you for pointing that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register