Xbox Live issue

Discussion in 'Xbox One Support' started by ZomB Slayr 666, Jun 14, 2019 with 3 replies and 151 views.

1. ZomB Slayr 666

ZomB Slayr 666 Newbie

Ratings:
    Is anyone else having an issue getting on Xbox Live? I have two Xbox’s, both are unable to get on Xbox Live. Both say they are connected when running a network test. I’ve tried everything I can think of. Tried wireless and wired. Resetting everything. I have a PS4 and not a problem getting online with that or any other device. Just both Xbox’s. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. schitzotm

schitzotm Contributor

Ratings:
    Nope. Xbl is showing no outage either.
    Is your nat double?
    You need network help I am your guy. I have 7 of these things connect in one household.
    The problem with two of them is xbl to and from both consoles gets routed on the same ports. Most modems/routers struggle to assign the device since both are asking for the exact same thing and are giving off the same cert. the router gets confused and cant figure out which console asked for what.
    This is where the greatest protocol ever designed comes into play. UPnP with this enabled consoles can send and receive without issue. Nat opens and all connection issues go away. (Unless you have 7 like me then getting more blocks of ip addresses and high end routers are needed to take the load off of the gateway)
    If you have att as your internet provider (like I do) then your gateway is behind the times and does not support UPnP so to resolve this you need a router that supports it and need to connect the consoles to it.
    Dont try arguing with tha att rep about then giving you a new modem and it being dated. They will tell you that UPnP is not secure and they do not support it because of that. This is a lie. UPnP is Universal Plug and Play.
    The protocol allows each device to be recognized as the device instead of the cert it sends.
    This is not really new tech but some of the latest. It is as secure as anything else.
    They do not offer it because they are cheap and well for one console houses this isnt an issue.
    Same reason many retailers use software that emulates a 1978 ibm computer. Its cheap and mostly works.
    Its not just att that does not support UPnP. So even if you dont have them your provider may not either. I know comcast does, I know many fiber providers do.
    With a double nat the consoles will work for a period of time then they will stop working online.
    Also if you push both consoles through the dmz and disable all firewall security from the modem one of the consoles will manage to take the modems IP address and no internet will work.
    (See I did all the leg work for you already)

• Like Like x 2
  3. OP
    ZomB Slayr 666

ZomB Slayr 666 Newbie

Ratings:
    Both xbox’s Were working fine. I have separate accounts and played on both at the same time. Just all of the sudden I can’t get on Xbox live. Gold doesn’t run out until August and it’s not saying I don’t have it.

4. schitzotm

schitzotm Contributor

Ratings:
    Go to network on the console and test nat.
    You should have nat open
    All live services available.
    If you have a double nat this is your problem. If you have anything other than open nat this is your problem.
    If you see the word toredo this is your problem.
    If you see xbox live some services limited or unavailable you have ports not open.
    Like I said before with a double nat the consoles will work for a bit then the connection no longer works. An easy test is to remove one console from the network then restart the connected console. If that console now goes online then your issue is the two consoles connected on the same network.
    If so then google does <insert your internet provider> support UPnP. If they do then you just go into the router/modem and turn on UPnP. And all of your problems will go away.
    If they do not support UPnP then you need to buy a router that does. You can pick up a router with UPnP for as little as 20 bucks.

Are you on home network or like a college dorm? The college thing can be an issue and you need to contact the internet admin to resolve your issue. But if its home network then you will be good. Many gateways from comcast and others support UPnP but by default it is turned off. So of your isp supports UPnP then google your gateway by its model and isp for accessing it.
    Like att is always 192.168.1.254 in a pc web browser address bar that is connected to the network. Comcast used to be 192.168.100.1 but is now something else and depends on the model as to what it is.

Check your nat see what comes up in network on one of the consoles.

• Like Like x 1