What's new

Discussion Xbox Live Device ID

T

Toomin

Reaction score
Is there any way to change the Xbox Live Device ID?

Like if I put in a new HDD with a fresh load of the OS would change Mac, Device Id, Console Id, Etc in System Menu info.

I'm good with PCs but unfamiliar with Xbox. Usually OS is completely independent of bios and flashing would require pulling cmos battery but not sure how Xbox is setup and don't want to void warranty by opening it. I might have to exchange it if this can't be changed

Anyone that can elaborate and tell me how the info in "system console info" menu is populated would be appreciated. I'm expecting this to be impossible but hoping otherwise.

L

Last King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there any way to change the Xbox Live Device ID?

Like if I put in a new HDD with a fresh load of the OS would change Mac, Device Id, Console Id, Etc in System Menu info.

I'm good with PCs but unfamiliar with Xbox. Usually OS is completely independent of bios and flashing would require pulling cmos battery but not sure how Xbox is setup and don't want to void warranty by opening it. I might have to exchange it if this can't be changed

Anyone that can elaborate and tell me how the info in "system console info" menu is populated would be appreciated. I'm expecting this to be impossible but hoping otherwise.
No, the device id and console id are tied to the motherboard. Each mobo has its own ids. So like if your disk drive goes out you can't just go and pull one from another xbox because they are tied to that xbone unless you flash it or something.

Top Bottom