• Start date
  • Views 678
T

Thee Surgeon

Reaction score
Alright, I have a feeling nobody somebody can help me here... we'll see

Anyways, info on the problem

I have verizon fios
I cannot connect to live, problem says it's the internet, but my internet is working fine
I have it connected with an Ethernet cable, and on my router it shows it's connected
I have been on live for around 3 years, never had a problem before
I have had 2 xbox's, one flashed, got banned, traded it for another xbox, works fine, has been for 6+ months
I just bought a lag switch and splitter, set it up, works fine, used it for like 2 days
I just opened up my port on my xbox so i could be host again (had a problem not being able to be host)

Ok, now what happened, I was on gears after i opened my port, played 3 games, first i wasn't host, then yeah, i was host, then i wasn't, dashboarded it so i could go play cod mw2, i went on and bam, it disconnected me from live, i went to dash, it wouldn't connect

btw, i also cleared my cache before all the above

Also, no the problem has nothing to do with DNS, it is fine, and my desktop is working which is connected wired, and same with my laptops, all 3 of them

I have contacted xbox, who told me to contact verizon, and then they said it's xbox's fault, which i believe, and now xbox support is closed, and i have had to contact xbox support before, it can get annoying, and i want this fixed now. It happened yesterday.

So, who thinks they can help? haha

ps. I have a feeling w/e connects the xbox to live is fried or something... just because it says the internet is the problem, but it's not, or maybe the ethernet cord got fudged up somehow, but it does say it connects to the network...

M

Moderns

Banned
Reaction score
Did you just say something about that in the Modio chat box? lol

But just try resetting your router. If that doesn't work call 1-800-4MY-XBOX

M

Marino HD

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
I don't know if this is helpful at all for this situation but it may get your XBL to work.
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/248520-how-to-enable-internet-connection-sharing-as-an-alternate-way-for-connection-to-xbox-live/

Just trying to help.

T

Thee Surgeon

Reaction score
modio chatbox? no

tried both though, reset the router 5 times, waiting 30 secs, then 1 minute

and as i said, i called and they told me to call my isp, which told me to call microsoft

and no, i'm not bridging connection between my laptop and xbox

T

Thee Surgeon

Reaction score
bump

and also, i can connect to live when sharing a connection with my laptop

Top Bottom