Xbox live, alternate way

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Supermagma, Nov 18, 2008 with 5 replies and 378 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Supermagma

Supermagma Getting There

Ratings:
    So yeah. My internet SUCKS, im pulling 965mbs off Speedtest.net

Its ok but the thing is that my WHOLE family browses on youtube etc whilst im playing on my xbox 360, this causes me so much hassle, i just cant play a game without LAGGING!

I just want to know is there a device which i can get access to the internet through but not using my home broadband.

OH AND I LIVE IN THE UK

I did see this but if not sure if it would work

[Click here to view the link]

2. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
    I don't know any physical device but you can change your ISP settings to use a faster DNS server. OpenDNS servers are free and will speed your connection up. People with faster connections don't notice a difference but most people with slow connections have notice a drastic change.

You are also able to use these servers on you entire network, not just your computer. Which means you can use them on Xbox Live.

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/bro...-hack-dns-faster-web-browsing.html#post854505

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    Supermagma

Supermagma Getting There

Ratings:
    thanks for the response, if i change this on my computer, will it change it for my familys computers aswell. Also will this change my xbox, i.e is it changing settings on my router ?

4. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
    You have the option of changing it on your computer alone or going into your ISP settings and changing it for everyone.

It's only changing your router settings if you go into your ISP page and change them yourself. You have to physically change them and all it does is broadcast off their free servers.

If you want your Xbox to run off it, just change the DNS settings in your Xbox to match what you change on your ISP page (the DNS servers).

5. OP
    Supermagma

Supermagma Getting There

Ratings:
    Ok, ive changed the settings in my xbox. I hope ill see an improvment !

So this should get rid of some lag ?

6. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
    It should. All depends on how your connection compares to the speed of the Open DNS servers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.