What's new

Discussion Xbox live accounts hacked by FIFA players

K

kyconny

Reaction score
Sin$
fifa11hax.jpg

A swath of Xbox users have been subjected to a sweeping - and oddly specific - hacking attack.
According to a report on Arstechnica.com, an alarming number of gamers have fallen subject to the person or people responsible for the hacks, and noticing that their account activity shows purchases for FIFA 11 and FIFA 12 in-game content.
The FIFA franchise is the world's most popular sports game because of the universal appeal of football. The most recent installments have included the ability for gamers to purchase additional content.
And it looks like apparently someone wants all that extra content but doesn't want to pay for it. Whether it's just someone typing in common everyday passwords for every Xbox Live username he sees, or something more malicious, remains to be seen.
When asked for comment in the report, Microsoft said in an e-mail, "We do not have any evidence the Xbox LIVE service has been compromised. We take the security of our service seriously and work on an ongoing basis to improve it against evolving threats. However, a limited number of members have contacted us regarding unauthorized access to their accounts by outside individuals. We are working with our impacted members directly to resolve any unauthorized changes to their accounts. As always, we highly recommend our members follow the Xbox LIVE Account Security guidance provided at www.xbox.com/security to protect your account."
Source: http://www.tgdaily.c...ed-by-fifa-fans

What do you guys think? Script kiddies or something more serious?
Microsoft seem to think its nothing.
-Kyconny
Picture for homepage:
fifa11hax.jpg

MrCoppa

XxYBzxX Coppa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Phishing, nothing else. That or idiots who used the same password on a site with little to none security and Xbox live. Either way, they deserved to have their accounts stolen if they fall for those scams / use the same password for everything. (Especially if its not a secure one)

K

kyconny

Reaction score
Sin$
Oh sorry, Just saw this once in the news section of google. I thought it was only 3 hours old.

U

unrealaction

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
alot of those account are being added to someones family pack then deleted off after, good thing i already have a family pack so they cant do that

DjTidez

Mr Washington

Missin' my buds!
Reaction score
Sin$
I feel sorry for the retards that fall for phishing crap.

Justin

Justin

#mmNation
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2014 Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Someone in premium account was stolen and his MSP were used to buy FIFA.. lol

Top Bottom
Login
Register