What's new

Question Xbox Jtag many problems plz help

C

cg6554

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I recently jtagged a falcon Xbox 360 it was working fine for a few hours but then after installing aurora dash the front leds stopped turning on they flicker occasionally and sometimes work fine I have reflashed the nand with xell but it still does the same thing it boots into fsd3 fine but no LEDs also it will turn on randomly and sometimes the sync button will be randomly pressed without it being messed with I don’t know what to do like I said I’ve reflashed the nand,reformatted usb and hard drive reinstalled fsd3 idk what else to do ?‍♂️

Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Scaling the Mountain Beginning of An Odyssey Bright Idea
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Remove all external storage devices. Try to boot.

If that doesn't work, did you actually jtag or did you RGH? If jtag, make sure your diodes/jumper wires are not shorting to anything... Same with RGH make sure no bridges on wiring.

C

cg6554

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It boots fine and in dashlaunch it says falcon console and falcon flash and jtag under it and I’ve tried removing everything I’ll have to check when I get home but I am worried I might rip a pad taking it apart lol
Post automatically merged:

Also can
Remove all external storage devices. Try to boot.

If that doesn't work, did you actually jtag or did you RGH? If jtag, make sure your diodes/jumper wires are not shorting to anything... Same with RGH make sure no bridges on wiring.
Can you tell me how to post pictures I’m new if you couldn’t tell haha I can show pics of soldering and stuff if you medd

Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It boots fine and in dashlaunch it says falcon console and falcon flash and jtag under it and I’ve tried removing everything I’ll have to check when I get home but I am worried I might rip a pad taking it apart lol

Also can

Can you tell me how to post pictures I’m new if you couldn’t tell haha I can show pics of soldering and stuff if you medd
It's possible the led's are just going bad/ROL board is failing.
I misunderstood original post.
Can you upload a video to youtube of a boot cycle and link it here rather than pictures?

C

cg6554

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It's possible the led's are just going bad/ROL board is failing.
I misunderstood original post.
Can you upload a video to youtube of a boot cycle and link it here rather than pictures?
Yea I will when I get home I’ll try and replace the rol board I mean I was thinking about that but it seems sorta unlikely never have had them fail before but like they say there’s a first for everything but also what about it pushing sync button randomly I can only tell that because the rol turns on occasionally and works normal sometimes but when I get home I’ll check it out and replace and see if it helps

Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Yea I will when I get home I’ll try and replace the rol board I mean I was thinking about that but it seems sorta unlikely never have had them fail before but like they say there’s a first for everything but also what about it pushing sync button randomly I can only tell that because the rol turns on occasionally and works normal sometimes but when I get home I’ll check it out and replace and see if it helps
If you have one on hand, it's worth swapping it to see if the board is faulty.
It's not something I've seen before, but neither is the LED's just stopping to light up with the original microsoft led's.

C

cg6554

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you have one on hand, it's worth swapping it to see if the board is faulty.
It's not something I've seen before, but neither is the LED's just stopping to light up with the original microsoft led's.
Yea I’ve got many on hand mines a custom one with blue and red leds but have used it for a few years on other consoles with no problems so idk but I’ll try it and upload a video if needed

Yea I’ve got many on hand mines a custom one with blue and red leds but have used it for a few years on other consoles with no problems so idk but I’ll try it and upload a video if needed
I just got home and turned on the console and the lights are working fine console is booting much faster and haven’t done anything besides leave it unplugged before I left so I’m not sure what to do. I am still gonna go ahead and replace the thermal paste, also what heat sinks are the best?

Last edited:
C

cg6554

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So after replacing my thermal paste my Xbox won’t turn on the light just blinks and after that all 4 leds stay on after 15 seconds and doesn’t boot please help me :frown:

So after replacing my thermal paste my Xbox won’t turn on the light just blinks and after that all 4 leds stay on after 15 seconds and doesn’t boot please help me :frown:
Also won’t boot to xell

Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$

Also won’t boot to xell
That’s very odd behavior. Considering it’s a jtag I don’t believe there’s any wires that would get damaged by removing heat sink.
I would take the console out, make sure heat sink is properly on and keep trying to get it To boot.

as well as making sure HDMI or vga cord is in properly and tv is set to right input channel first

C

cg6554

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I’ve taken it out of the case checked my soldering made sure the diodes are in right made sure it’s not touching anything replaced the wires made sure the wires are on the right diodes idk I’m just so close to giving up and accepting defeat

That’s very odd behavior. Considering it’s a jtag I don’t believe there’s any wires that would get damaged by removing heat sink.
I would take the console out, make sure heat sink is properly on and keep trying to get it To boot.

as well as making sure HDMI or vga cord is in properly and tv is set to right input channel first
Currently reflashing the nand rn if I break it I break it ?

So after putting the old nand dump back on still did nothing I made sure to remove the diodes and jumper wire before booting but still nothing j runner seems to of found a bad block so maybe that is the problem idk

Last edited:
Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I’ve taken it out of the case checked my soldering made sure the diodes are in right made sure it’s not touching anything replaced the wires made sure the wires are on the right diodes idk I’m just so close to giving up and accepting defeat

Currently reflashing the nand rn if I break it I break it ?

So after putting the old nand dump back on still did nothing I made sure to remove the diodes and jumper wire before booting but still nothing j runner seems to of found a bad block so maybe that is the problem idk
Can you upload images of solder to IMGUR and link them here? You might have a bridged pad preventing boot.

C

cg6554

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Can you upload images of solder to IMGUR and link them here? You might have a bridged pad preventing boot.
Sorry for not responding I just noticed you responded but today I finally worked up the courage again to try and fix it I am getting the 0022 error code on it now and I’m j runner I’m getting error 202 writing block AE. Now I don’t have the skills to reball the gpu or (h)ana chip and I don’t know if I wanna do the oven method and everytime I’ve tried reflowing with my hot air station I always destroy the gpu so idk what to do I know that I runner is supposed to remap the bad blocks but it won’t it has many times but this keep happening

Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry for not responding I just noticed you responded but today I finally worked up the courage again to try and fix it I am getting the 0022 error code on it now and I’m j runner I’m getting error 202 writing block AE. Now I don’t have the skills to reball the gpu or (h)ana chip and I don’t know if I wanna do the oven method and everytime I’ve tried reflowing with my hot air station I always destroy the gpu so idk what to do I know that I runner is supposed to remap the bad blocks but it won’t it has many times but this keep happening
JRunner will remap bar blocks to later in the nand. It won’t necessarily prevent a bad block from being shown but instead just move it’s location to a part of the nand that it won’t be affected by.
0022 is a generic failure code, and rebelling sometimes is not even the proper fix for the fault… it may fix RROD temporarily but it may return the same day or years down the line.

C

cg6554

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
JRunner will remap bar blocks to later in the nand. It won’t necessarily prevent a bad block from being shown but instead just move it’s location to a part of the nand that it won’t be affected by.
0022 is a generic failure code, and rebelling sometimes is not even the proper fix for the fault… it may fix RROD temporarily but it may return the same day or years down the line.
Oh alright j runner didn’t do anything for me, I tried reflowing the (h)Ana chip and now it won’t turn on I’m so done lmao I’ve downgraded from a Falcon to a zephyr and now I’m at a xenon and I’ll probably some how break the xenon I can’t even really get it to read the nand right on my xenon now but it still boots

Oh alright j runner didn’t do anything for me, I tried reflowing the (h)Ana chip and now it won’t turn on I’m so done lmao I’ve downgraded from a Falcon to a zephyr and now I’m at a xenon and I’ll probably some how break the xenon I can’t even really get it to read the nand right on my xenon now but it still boots
All I want is a modded Xbox but I don’t want to buy one I have much more joy knowing I put it together myself I’ve been soldering for almost 2 years now so it’s not my soldering and I always use and clean my flux off I always check for shorts and stuff but idk

Top Bottom
Login
Register