First I unscrewed the 2 screws on the backside of the module holding it together, Just so I could take a look at what went to what. The white wire is Mic+, copper wire is Mic-, the blue wire is Spkr+, and the brown one is Spkr-
I had a 3/32" jack with 3 prongs. Ground, Mic+, and the other is Spkr+. To find out which went to what I used a volt meter. Plugged in the headset, turned it to test ohms, touching one end to the jacks ground (the part that touches the sleeve of the plug) and placing the other end on to one of the unknown prongs. With the headset on, you'd hear a small pop when you touched the spkr prong.
I then cut the xbox 360 headset wire and stripped back the plastic. I soldered the Mic+ wire to the Mic+ prong on the jack, same with Spkr+. I then soldered both negatives to the ground prong.
I've been using it for a couple days now and no problems yet. If any of you electricians think I may have messed up somewhere, don't hesitate to tell me. dry.gif But the volume and mute work fine. smile.gif I'll probably hide the plug at a later date on the backside of the module if I get around to it. dry.gif sleep.gif
Using the Halo 2 plantronics is by far better than the crappy one that game with the unit.