• Views 2,478
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Garbazio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pluggedin.jpg

First I unscrewed the 2 screws on the backside of the module holding it together, Just so I could take a look at what went to what. The white wire is Mic+, copper wire is Mic-, the blue wire is Spkr+, and the brown one is Spkr-

I had a 3/32" jack with 3 prongs. Ground, Mic+, and the other is Spkr+. To find out which went to what I used a volt meter. Plugged in the headset, turned it to test ohms, touching one end to the jacks ground (the part that touches the sleeve of the plug) and placing the other end on to one of the unknown prongs. With the headset on, you'd hear a small pop when you touched the spkr prong.

I then cut the xbox 360 headset wire and stripped back the plastic. I soldered the Mic+ wire to the Mic+ prong on the jack, same with Spkr+. I then soldered both negatives to the ground prong.
wiring.jpg

I've been using it for a couple days now and no problems yet. If any of you electricians think I may have messed up somewhere, don't hesitate to tell me. dry.gif But the volume and mute work fine. smile.gif I'll probably hide the plug at a later date on the backside of the module if I get around to it. dry.gif sleep.gif
Using the Halo 2 plantronics is by far better than the crappy one that game with the unit.
adapterplug.jpg

controllerplug.jpg

G

Garbazio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nah, ive read a shitload about it tho. im waiting for those fat lazy bastards to actually make some

W

Watchmeexplode5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweat man. But have you guys but on the 360 headset they rock compaired to the old one. IN my opion. The old one killed my ear on how it hocked on. But ya man. Also may I say you have alot of time on your hands. LOL just kidding. Or as we like to say around the office JK

S

stompdown

Reaction score
heaedset

the 360 original headset is garbage in my opinion. very unreliable. its not as loud as the original xbox headset. its also made from cheap plastic and breaks easy. plantronics makes a good headset for 360 and is also works for xbox. stay away from madcats products as well. That s***s garbage

xl All Pro lx

xl All Pro lx

Getting There
Reaction score
heres a pic of my mic
dsc005644560rw.jpg
i just did a head set swap

DEATH x Valor

DEATH x Valor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You dont have to put that grey thing on. You can just plug it in normally and it will work. Still get the ****ed up cracking and popping though:x3:

xl All Pro lx

xl All Pro lx

Getting There
Reaction score
well i just put it on to make it look better

MAST3R CHI3F

MAST3R CHI3F

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Nice tutorial. There is however an adapter by datel that does this exact same thing.

S

SilentAttack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I used that plug piece. I did this the first day I had my 360 but I soderd it to the board and broke my headset clip piece yesterday.

T

tymc88

Reaction score
you can plug it directly into the bottom of the controller and u can use the volume control in the xbox guides personal settings.

X

xX DeAth WiSh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my 360 headset breaks always im on my 8th now so thanx alot ( ive had my 360 since march)

D

Dot

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
My mic broke and my XBOX Mic is on the verge..

T

Terminator0525

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy the plantronics headset. There r 2 of them 4 20 dollars and 1 for 30 and both of them r good. 360 headset that ms made suck! It breaks every month. I use the halo 2 mic but if u want a reliable alternative, u cant go wrong with plantronics. They also hav a 1 year warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.