Caboose

Caboose

☣ CabooseSayzWTF ☣
Premium
Hidden Devils
Modder Frame In Gold Pumpking
Reaction score
Sin$
Halo MC v1 and Halo MC v2 Removed and compiled into Halo Map Conversions Combo v1.
Halo Tar and Halo Plus Removed because they were just old outdated nhe maps, so use nhe instead.
Halo 2 Mappack Beta and Halo 2 DLC Mappack Alpha 2 - Removed because they have now been compiled into Now Halo 2 Mappack Collection v2 (was recently added then updated).
Hizilo mappack was removed because it's the exact same as Halo Maps v1.
Halo Custom Conversion Edition + Halo Conversion Pack removed and have now been combined into (Halo Custom Conversions).

As I stated before this thread is a continued effort at archiving the mappacks as well as making improvements where they can be made.
So that does mean some mappacks will go under construction in terms as being removed and compiled into bigger packs just like the above shows.
While some packs might not be touched and some may get slight updates just keep this thread in mind as being the most up to date halo 1 mappack repo there is. Every mappack here despite the changes coming are the most up to date, rather it be image corrections, simple map fixes, map description fixes etc. This repo is the most up to date and you should only be downloading halo 1 xbox mappacks from this thread only and the supported mirror links from mediafire, archive.org and the site listed in mappack backups. If you attempt to download mapapcks from other sites or links, they may be outdated, the mappacks we personally have no intention on touching are
- NHE Mappack
- Halo 1.5 Versions
- Halo Patch Edition (this pack will be updated by its creator when see fit)
- Halo Online Coop Beta
- Halo Online Coop Final by Ayylien (this pack will be updated by Ayylien when see fit)
- Halo 1 4 Player Local Coop

While the mappacks above have no plans to be touched, things could change down the line, and we will let you all know if plans change. This repo is always changing and always being updated so just keep your eyes out for the notifications. Mappacks that were removed and compiled or even updated always need to be redownloaded, and old packs deleted off your xbox, so you stay up to date. If that wasn't obvious it should be now. We also can't guarantee System Link Compatibility, these mappacks aren't 100% tested with that in mind, and these mappacks for the most part weren't 100% made with SLC in mind. If a map works via SLC cool, if it doesn't oh well.

You all have dominater01 dominater01 , s3anyboy s3anyboy , and G GoodFellaPro to thank for the continued support and updates for these mappacks. You can also thank them for new mappacks as well. While they are busy with real life and such updates will come as needed, they also have there own personal projects they work on also. So again updates will come as needed and on there own time. You can't rush perfection, and I wouldn't expect it any other way. Keep up the great work guys! I greatly appreciate all the hard work you guys are doing and i'm sure everyone else who follows the halo 1 modded mappacks thread/scene does also.

EDIT: 3/25/2020

Halo KMP (Korori) + Halo Custom Xbox Edition removed and combined into (Halo CXEK)
Halo NMP v1, Halo NMP v2, and Halo NMP CUT removed and combined into (Halo NMP Plus)
Halo MC v9 (Halo Map Conversions v9) Added
Halo Game Inspired Mappack updated to v2

Last edited:
dominater01

dominater01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
more to come, i hope you guys enjoy the packs, keep in mind tho i dont know everything about halo or what makes it not work etc but i've learned alot and was able to get maps converted that always had issues when converting, with halo mcc out s3anyboy has been busy with that so most things atm is just me and im doing this for fun, i dont play halo all that much but i do enjoy seeing more maps on the original xbox

s3anyboy

s3anyboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The Combo pack in addition to being just all the maps from those 2 packs combined also included some things like fixes for flamethrower and fuel rod guns, fixed hud for the old CMT chaingun, I think I added backpack weapons to every map just for fun (kind of a pain tho lol) and for maps with vehicles we made sure the vehicles spawned and if the map had inaccessible areas like large cliffs or bottomless pits I included vehicle respawn scripts so that the vehicles aren't lost forever.

It would be helpful to have a list of:
Maps with vehicles and bottomless pits (ex gephryohobia) so I know which will need respawn scripts
Maps with first person photos as the map pic, because I think it looks terrible and eventually want to replace them

Caboose

Caboose

☣ CabooseSayzWTF ☣
Premium
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
Halo Mappack 1-2(HMP) have now been compiled into HMP Collection 1
Halo Mappack 3-4(HMP) have now been compiled into HMP Collection 2
Halo Mappack 5-6(HMP) have now been compiled into HMP Collection 3
Halo Maps 1-2 have now been compiled into Halo Maps Collection.
Halo Zelda Pack updated to v4. (Now every map has working link bipeds and other misc fixes)

Last edited:
S

SpIit

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys can't get the TLMP map pack to run on MCC without getting a fatal error, Altis said it was probably because they're protected. Anyone know how to deprotect these maps and get them to run? Thank you

Caboose

Caboose

☣ CabooseSayzWTF ☣
Premium
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys can't get the TLMP map pack to run on MCC without getting a fatal error, Altis said it was probably because they're protected. Anyone know how to deprotect these maps and get them to run? Thank you
These are for original Xbox/rgh Xbox 360. They are not for MCC. This whole repo is for original Xbox and Xbox 360 only. If you want MCC maps you'll have to recreate the maps or convert from halo custom edition to MCC that way. I don't mod or play MCC so I can't help there. Sorry.

Caboose

Caboose

☣ CabooseSayzWTF ☣
Premium
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry to bump this, I do plan to update this repo eventually so sorry for the lack of updates and such. This project has been on the back burner because I have been doing NDA work, work full time at my job and have other mod projects I work on daily, mixed in with my everyday life. I promise to try to finish this repo up in 2022 sometime. (seems I must say this publicly, this repo archive is for original xbox and rgh xbox 360's only, not pc, not mcc etc.) Unknown to me if converting between is possible. That's not the focus of this project. For those wondering why i'm making a statement int he comments is because 7s has a thread timer, and after a amount of time has passed, editing threads is locked from the original poster from being modified in any way at all. So when I come back to this, i'll try my best to talk them into allowing me edit the thread to update it, otherwise i'll be forced to create a new thread which I don't want to do at all. We will see what the future holds on that.

S

SpIit

Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah I know they are for xbox and originally for custom edition, I also do not know how to mod or to be more exact build maps, so I was hoping it would be an easy fix to someone who does. Thanks Caboose!

W

W4LK3RtxR4NG3R

Reaction score
Sin$
Anyone still playing these in 2022? I'm trying out the Halo Racing Mappack, but can't get vehicles to show. Anyone know how? Is there a certain game type I have to use?

I've also noticed, for anyone that follows, that when I play these on an RGH Xbox 360, I have to load up vanilla Halo between each one. Seems like game files are cached, and if I don't do this, the first map pack I play shows up for all the following map packs I try to load up. In other words, load Halo MC v1 and play, then try to load MC v2, and MC v1's maps show up. If I load vanilla Halo in between, this seems to reload the cache.

Caboose

Caboose

☣ CabooseSayzWTF ☣
Premium
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
Anyone still playing these in 2022? I'm trying out the Halo Racing Mappack, but can't get vehicles to show. Anyone know how? Is there a certain game type I have to use?

I've also noticed, for anyone that follows, that when I play these on an RGH Xbox 360, I have to load up vanilla Halo between each one. Seems like game files are cached, and if I don't do this, the first map pack I play shows up for all the following map packs I try to load up. In other words, load Halo MC v1 and play, then try to load MC v2, and MC v1's maps show up. If I load vanilla Halo in between, this seems to reload the cache
Yeah just due to cache I haven't visited this archive project in a long time now just haven't had time. Anyways me and a few others were compiling most packs in to 25+ map mappacks since that's a thing now. But I have been taking a long break from halo in general. From what I remember most of these are at least the ones we compiled together should have cache clear trick added by default but I could be wrong. You do not have to play normal halo 1 to clear your cache you can simply on a RGH do this

Ways to clear cache. [Xbox 360], Go to dashboard/settings/storage, hover over your HDD and press Y (Clear System Cache) do this around 3 times.

Also go to HDD or HDD1/Compatibility/Xbox/Cache and delete the bin files in this directory. Via xex menu or a file explorer etc. The troubleshooting tips in the original post in the spoiler also says the same thing on how to clear the cache for rgh etc so mappacks work as intended. Also for the halo race pack pretty sure you had to use the race gametype or something it's been a long time since I played it

W

W4LK3RtxR4NG3R

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks Caboose! Did you ever get vehicles working in the Halo Racing Map Pack that you remember? I can't figure out how to get vehicles to show - even creating a game type with "all" vehicles selected doesn't get them to show up.

Caboose

Caboose

☣ CabooseSayzWTF ☣
Premium
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks Caboose! Did you ever get vehicles working in the Halo Racing Map Pack that you remember? I can't figure out how to get vehicles to show - even creating a game type with "all" vehicles selected doesn't get them to show up.
It's been at least 2 years since I last played that pack, pretty sure I had issues with it back then as well, it may have been unfinshed, or maybe there was a gametype that went with it I can't remember tbh. I know in halo 1 there is a default gametype called race, if you tried that already then idk tbh

Caboose

Caboose

☣ CabooseSayzWTF ☣
Premium
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
Caboose Caboose are these playable on 360?
Yes but I can not and will not guarantee functionality of every pack and every map. Clear cache each time you swap to a diff mappack. Numerous issues can come up in halo 1 modded maps, and I will not guarantee that every one of these work as SLC (System link compatible) or even locally for that matter. Maps may have random freezing issues, and or random disconnects. Some maps may seem incomplete from when they were converted to halo 1 on xbox. I play no role in these packs other than helping compile them into 30 or so based mappacks. As is, I don't plan to re-vist this anytime soon and finish it. It's still far from complete. The goal was to take every old mappack and just start combining them where they seemed to fit to make 30 or so based mappacks. That way people didnt have to have over 100 or so modded mappacks for halo 1. Dom and s3any helped alot in that project. However I myself got very burnt out. I still don't feel like continuing this project as is, however Idk what the future holds.

Caboose

Caboose

☣ CabooseSayzWTF ☣
Premium
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
Why are a lot of the map packs the Zelda mod?
They aren't. I checked the links to make sure there wasn't a issue and there isn't. So if on your console when you try to play the modded mappacks and you keep getting the zelda mappack then you didn't clear your cache as advised to do every time you swap to another mappack. You can read how to clear your cache via the thread troubleshooting tips, otherwise you can attempt to use this https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/th...t-xbe-s-to-reload-cache-every-launch.1837066/. However again anytime you swap to another mappack, if you don't use the powershell scripts and such from the provided link (which I havent tested myself btw) you MUST clear your cache every single time you swap to another mappack if you dont use the powershell script, hope that helps.

Last edited:
W

W4LK3RtxR4NG3R

Reaction score
Sin$
Why are a lot of the map packs the Zelda mod?
Alternatively, give my script a try to modify the default.xbe files to force a cache reload between every mappack launch. This will fix your issue as well.

It's the post right above yours. Feel free to give some feedback if it doesn't work for you.

Caboose

Caboose

☣ CabooseSayzWTF ☣
Premium
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
Alternatively, give my script a try to modify the default.xbe files to force a cache reload between every mappack launch. This will fix your issue as well.

It's the post right above yours. Feel free to give some feedback if it doesn't work for you.
I stated both methods in my comment to him, even linking to your thread. However I can confirm the powershell script does what it says it does. I only tested on a few mappacks, just to see if mainmenu and maps updated. Didn't check for map playability but I assume it should be fine. Thanks for that!

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register