• Thread starter Caboose
  • Start date
  • Views 35,235
dominater01

dominater01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Probably not, but dominater01 dominater01 might be able to, but I can't say for sure. I never played cursed edition but have heard all about it. I personally think it's stupid but that's just me.
i cant convert campaign maps at all so i dont think this is going to happen at least from me

Caboose

Caboose

☣ CabooseSayzWTF ☣
Premium
Hidden Devils
Modder Frame In Gold Pumpking
Reaction score
Sin$
Do I have a update for all of you! This might be annoying actually lol.
In the thread you will see new links and the words updated beside alot of the mappacks. If you have downloaded the mappacks before welp sorry but it's time to scrap them and update. On the surface side of things you really won't see anything map or .map related that has been updated for the most part. Everything will seem pretty much the exact same. The mappacks that have been updated now include proper xbe's. Yes that's right no more blackscreen issues or mappacks just not loading, so technically every mappack for the most part should now be compatible with xbox 360 but I can't guarantee it. The mappacks now also come with there own SOLO MP XBE. Which means all you have to do is swap your xbe with the solo mp xbe provided in the mappack and you can load the multiplayer maps solo by yourself without the need of a 2nd controller or player. Every xbe has been tested and is confirmed working, also every single xbe has been renamed to match the mappack name so your dash will pick up the mappacks under there own custom names. Also fixed a few mappacks that did have corrupted ui.maps which also caused blackscreens and dirty disc issues, Halo Maps v2 and Zelda Pack are 2 examples of mappacks that were really broken but have been fixed.

The mappacks no longer require xbe swapping(form the useful xbes download) since they now have there own proper MP xbe and there own proper solo mp xbe which were made specifically for each mappack and are included in each mappack. The only xbe that would ever need swapped at this point is the 720p xbe however that xbe is not compatible with most of the mappacks.

Why didn't I just upload the xbe's? Because some mappacks were broken and needed fixed, and because I wanted the download to be simple and all in one instead of downloading old packs, deleting the xbe's from those packs and replacing with the new xbe's, it's just easier to download new clean files and ftp to your xbox.

So with all of that in mind no more broken xbe's, no more xbe's that are just named Halo in your game library, no need to rename the xbe yourself anymore, no more black screens, or corrupted ui.maps and for the most part no more dirty disc issues. (Unless you click a blank map slot ofc)
- Just don't forget to clear your xbox cache before launching a mappack or there could be issues.

Speaking of cache and mappacks I will soon have a link to a Halo Mappack Launcher which will go in your games folder. I'll add more info when it's uploaded and posted in its own thread.
Mediafire link is down, will be back up when the new updates are finished uploading there
Archive.org link is down, will be back up when that side is updated.
dominater01 dominater01 Sorry to bother. Alot of the mappacks have been updated and need updated on your archive. Take your time on updating no rush. The info above will explain the updates.

EDIT: The mappacks that do not say updated have not been updated obviously so they might not have custom xbe names and they do not contain solo mp xbe's because they aren't needed. You will need to update the xbe names yourself if you want them renamed.

EDIT 2: Halo Ai "v2" will be uploaded and archived when s3anyboy finishes it.

EDIT 3: Halo Mappack Launcher link added. View it for more info!

Last edited:
dominater01

dominater01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The only one you seem to be missing is Cov Edition 1.7. You still have v1.6, Kaz updated to v1.7 shortly after his 1.6 release.
oops will get that now
Post automatically merged:

covenant 1.7 now up

Last edited:
Caboose

Caboose

☣ CabooseSayzWTF ☣
Premium
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
Downloaded your Halo MC v6 mappack and updated it to include a custom 115 xbe with a proper name in the xbe, as well as provided a solo mp 115 xbe and also properly named, since I do these mappacks differently now for ease of access. So you might wanna re-upload it so it matches my repo respectively.
- I did play the pack and i like it so ty!

So added Halo MC v6 to the thread,
I also have added Halo AI v2.1 which is a unofficial version by s3anyboy. The ai is now spartans instead of marines and they can drive vehicles and they spawn with weapons that are specific to gametype modifications. Its decently fun!
- Halo Ai v2.1 might get more updates down the road but it's up for the time being and I will notify this thread when updates are made and such.

The new mappacks are also on mediafire.

dominater01 dominater01 keep Halo ai v1 in your archive since its very different than v2.1, just do the above updates on your archive.

Caboose

Caboose

☣ CabooseSayzWTF ☣
Premium
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
There is no xbe there for download just a .diff file with the differences to manually modify a xbe. NHE has this xbe since it was made by the nhe team, however they also have a special ui they use, the issue is idk how the bitmaps for maps are being stored, it took me forever to decompile there ui.map. I cant find the map images in the normal bitm tag locations or the new introduced map slots. As helpful as the xbe is and the custom ui.map from nhe as is you could create a extended modded mappack however idk how to replace the map images or text strings atm since huc wont open that ui.
Downloaded and Modified Halo MC v7 to have a properly named 115 xbe and a properly named solo mp xbe, might wanna update your archive to match
Also added Halo 1 - Patch Edition v1.10 to the thread, Didn't make any changes to patch edition since respectively it's supposed to be mp only competitive.

in Short, added Halo 1: Patch Edition v1.10 and Halo MC v7 to the thread.
-Mediafire is currently uploading. [DONE UPLOADING]

Last edited:
dominater01

dominater01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
There is no xbe there for download just a .diff file with the differences to manually modify a xbe. NHE has this xbe since it was made by the nhe team, however they also have a special ui they use, the issue is idk how the bitmaps for maps are being stored, it took me forever to decompile there ui.map. I cant find the map images in the normal bitm tag locations or the new introduced map slots. As helpful as the xbe is and the custom ui.map from nhe as is you could create a extended modded mappack however idk how to replace the map images or text strings atm since huc wont open that ui.
Downloaded and Modified Halo MC v7 to have a properly named 115 xbe and a properly named solo mp xbe, might wanna update your archive to match
Also added Halo 1 - Patch Edition v1.10 to the thread, Didn't make any changes to patch edition since respectively it's supposed to be mp only competitive.

in Short, added Halo 1: Patch Edition v1.10 and Halo MC v7 to the thread.
-Mediafire is currently uploading. [DONE UPLOADING]
the xbe's are there on the spreadsheet just click the md5 and you'll see a link

maybe the mappacks should have this as well, what do you think?

Last edited:
Caboose

Caboose

☣ CabooseSayzWTF ☣
Premium
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
the xbe's are there on the spreadsheet just click the md5 and you'll see a link

maybe the mappacks should have this as well, what do you think?

Oh lol. There's still the issue for naming those extra maps and having map images for them, idk how NHE does it. Ill check it out when i have time.

s3anyboy

s3anyboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh lol. There's still the issue for naming those extra maps and having map images for them, idk how NHE does it. Ill check it out when i have time.
I made a doc compiling basically everything we know about the NHE xbe/ui
its actually fairly simple (if a little time consuming) so set up your own 27 map mappacks.

Last edited:
Caboose

Caboose

☣ CabooseSayzWTF ☣
Premium
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
I made a doc compiling basically everything we know about the NHE xbe/ui
its actually fairly simple (if a little time consuming) so set up your own 27 map mappacks.

This is great news, in that case I see this thread having another overhaul down the road, since you guys are compiling mappacks into 1 with 27 maps. Looking very much forward to it! It'll decrease the mappack list and organize the thread a bit. I see it being a long road ahead, but its very fitting for the case and god speed on the matter. Once you post your tut thread i'll have it mirrored on this thread and on my site as well.

Top Bottom
Login
Register