• Thread starter SupremeCippy
  • Start date
  • Views 329
SupremeCippy

SupremeCippy

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
i have two xboxs both with benq drives one xbox is rrod and the others drive stopped working. i want to swap them but u cant swap the chip in a benq without cuting stuff i dont whant to do that. if there are any other options or anything pleas help.

J

joshandrok

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Like the guy above said. If you know the DVD keys you should be able to swap drives as long as you change the key of one to match the one you want to swap out. I may be wrong though. . .

B

Blu3 1ightning

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
how is the drive dead is it the motor or the lasar or what if so im sure you can swap either one out of the rrod xbox without needing the key

J

joshandrok

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Blu3 1ightning said:
how is the drive dead is it the motor or the lasar or what if so im sure you can swap either one out of the rrod xbox without needing the key
Lol this would work and be alot cheaper. You wouldn't have to buy a mod chip.

SupremeCippy

SupremeCippy

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Blu3 1ightning said:
it not completely dead. you know how the laser and stuff drop down when you hit eject it wont drop down but only when the cover is on the magnet wont let go of it.

J

joshandrok

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Have you tried to take it apart and clean it. There might be something getting stuck in the gears, or maybe the rubber band is dirty. That's what happened to mine when it wouldn't open. Try to clean it as good as possible. If that doesn't work then I don't know what to tell you.

SupremeCippy

SupremeCippy

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
joshandrok said:
Have you tried to take it apart and clean it. There might be something getting stuck in the gears, or maybe the rubber band is dirty. That's what happened to mine when it wouldn't open. Try to clean it as good as possible. If that doesn't work then I don't know what to tell you.
ya that's not it theirs 2 magnets that wont pull apart unless you do it manually whill its take apart

joshandrok said:
Like the guy above said. If you know the DVD keys you should be able to swap drives as long as you change the key of one to match the one you want to swap out. I may be wrong though. . .
ya that's what i want to do i have to flash the keys to the other drive tho you cant swap the chip out because on the benq the chip is solider to some wires i don't to cut.
if some can explain how to flash keys from one to the other that would be great.

B

Blu3 1ightning

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
well cant you just swap the whole laser assembly. the motor and laser or is that assembly connected to the board. just try it, it cant hurt and its less work then modding i think

SupremeCippy

SupremeCippy

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Blu3 1ightning said:
well cant you just swap the whole laser assembly. the motor and laser or is that assembly connected to the board. just try it, it cant hurt and its less work then modding i think
kind of the chip solder onto motor and laser.

Top Bottom
Login
Register