• Thread starter RaZoR HaX
  • Start date
  • Views 1,708
R

RaZoR HaX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
hey i have a new comp and it only has one internet port. so, i dled all the halo 2 modding programs and dis from the internet with the internet cord. then i go and connect my xbox through the other internet cord and its singal isnt found, also the computer only has one internect connection in the Internet connection thing in the control panel. do u have to have 2? if so can u post on how to make. and i have put it on my exceptions but it still wont connect/ find my xbox.:.(:.(:.(:.(:.(:.(:.(:.(:.(:.(:.(:.(:.(:.(:.( why cant i connect to my xbox:.(

B-rad

B-rad

Press On
Legendary Veteran 10th Anniversary Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
RaZoR HaX said:

how do insert pictures

Click on the little icon with the mountains and sun. Then just insert the url and there you go.

B-rad

B-rad

Press On
Reaction score
Sin$
RaZoR HaX said:
coolz, anyway, any ideas on how to get my xbox to connect to my one port internet computer?

I've told you over and over again. It's called Internet Connection Sharing.

If you can't right click your network and check a couple boxes under sharing, then I can't help you.

R

RaZoR HaX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i dont have a sharing option all i have is general and advanced

hey i just added a ipx protocol since thatwasnt installed. is that needed?

B-rad

B-rad

Press On
Reaction score
Sin$
If you have vista go to Network>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Network Connections and then you right click the LAN and go to properties. You will see a sharing tag. We all have one.

Now if you don't have vista then all you need to do is go to your network and right click it. It's very simple.

EDIT: No don't add anything because chances are if you don't mess something up then it was still useless.

R

RaZoR HaX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ok well how many internet protocol icns do u have? i have one and i dont have a vista i have a xp. i right click the lan go to properties ( this is is network connections) it opens a window and there are two tabs. General and Advanced

HAHAHAHAHA, i was right!!! :smile:
u need to have IPX protocol installed. igot my connection.

HAZAS ALL AROUND

ok i managed to get the ip, but it had to be a static ip. that and it wont connect in flash fxp. god dam who thought this could be so hard

B-rad

B-rad

Press On
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah you need Ipv4 and Ipv6 installed but they should have already been installed.

I still don't understand how you can't find the sharing tab but if it works then cool. You might already have it set to shared anyway.

R

RaZoR HaX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
naw. i got it to connect but i had to make a virtual private network, and THEN go to advanced and then enable internet connection sharing

F

ForrrestMaster

ICS is stupid. ICS is only for if you have 2 connections. You only have one. Open up IPv4 if you in vista, and Set your IP to 192.168.1.101 and set your xbox IP to 192.168.1.100. Make sure the gateways and everything match up. Its not hard... Yall are going around yall's elbow to get to your ***.

R

RaZoR HaX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
no ur rong i got it. i had to create a VPN (Virtual Private Network) to get the ability to turn on Internet Connection Sharing. As soon as that happened i got my DHCP IP address.

B-rad

B-rad

Press On
Reaction score
Sin$
RaZoR HaX said:
no ur rong i got it. i had to create a VPN (Virtual Private Network) to get the ability to turn on Internet Connection Sharing. As soon as that happened i got my DHCP IP address.

Well you finally got it working eh.

Top Bottom
Login
Register