Xbox Connection Problem

Discussion in 'Xbox Support' started by corpse, Feb 18, 2009 with 3 replies and 269 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corpse

corpse Enthusiast

Ratings:
    My xbox doesnt detect a connection all the time. The line connected to the xbox is hooked up right TRUST me. So sometimes if i switch off my softmod, shutoff my xbox for awhile unhook it and then hook it back up and turn it back on it will detect the DHCP connection. If i shut the box off then turn it back on it will not detect it. Does this have to do with my router? I have a Linksys wireless G. It used to work fine and then i lent it out for a couple months so idk if the settings got messed up here is a screenshot of the network settings. (i manually put in 192.168.1.118 because that is normally the xbox's ip... dont ask y lol it has had this problem with or without that like that so thats not it) Then sometimes it works when i shut off the xbox and boot splintercell without going to the dash first (going to the switch on off screen) but then again that doesnt always work either =(... thanks

[​IMG]

2. Gothikpunk91

Gothikpunk91 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    wow 33 veiws and not a single answer. Am i the only one on these days?
    anyway, I would say you have a faulty wire. try switching to a different wire, and seeing how that works, if that doesnt work, go into your router settings and make sure nothings screwed up. I dont know how to get to the settings but google is an amazing friend. If that STILL doesnt work, check your chips bios. mine started acting up awhile ago when i switched bioses.

3. JoeMal

JoeMal Retired Retired

Ratings:
    For 1, Linksys' default gateway is usually 192.168.1.1, not x.x.0.1

2. You don't have any DNS entries. Get those from your router's admin page

4. Gothikpunk91

Gothikpunk91 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i dont have any DNS and mine works fine. and the DCHP should automatically fix the IP adress, regardless of router.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.