Xbox Connected Through Laptop?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by TheIncredibleZ, Dec 22, 2008 with 6 replies and 436 views.

1. TheIncredibleZ

TheIncredibleZ Getting There

Ratings:
    I have been trying to bridge wirelessly and i have zone alarm pro. I don't have a crossover cable though. So my question is can i use the Ethernet cord that came with my Xbox to connect to my laptop and then from my laptop connect wirelessly to my router? I have tried this but i cannot connect to xbox live. Do i have to input my settings manually to get this to work?

2. DearestBRAVO20

DearestBRAVO20 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    yes that cord will work. once you plug your xbox into it though you have to go to network connections and bridge your connections

3. OP
    TheIncredibleZ

Ratings:
    I did put the cord in and then i bridged them but my Xbox will not connect to live can you explain what i am doing wrong?

4. TorMenT

TorMenT VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Make sure your firewall is not on when you are trying to connect to xbox live.

5. OP
    TheIncredibleZ

Ratings:
    That must have been the problem now that the main computer is off it let me connect thanks through the Ethernet cord to my laptop:tongue:

6. sam cm

sam cm Newbie

Ratings:
    Search for ICS bridging. Thats the fix if it wont let you with your home computer on

7. bmurph1991

bmurph1991 Newbie

Ratings: