What's new

Solved Xbox bios mod advice needed

• Thread starter JoinTheResistance
  • Start date
  • Views 529
J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
So I got this v1.4 that I want to softmod. I don't have the AV cables so I'm not sure if it even works, but in case it does I want to try and get some advice from someone who has done or at least heard something about this. Instead if getting an old copy of the exploitable games I want to desolder the bios flash chip, flash it with a hacked file, using an external programmer and then solder it back onto the xbox.
I don't see why this won't work, but I've never done it so if someone shares their experience I would be grateful!
Thanks in advance!

VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Mythical Veteran Trifecta End of the Year 2015
Reaction score
Sin$
So I got this v1.4 that I want to softmod. I don't have the AV cables so I'm not sure if it even works, but in case it does I want to try and get some advice from someone who has done or at least heard something about this. Instead if getting an old copy of the exploitable games I want to desolder the bios flash chip, flash it with a hacked file, using an external programmer and then solder it back onto the xbox.
I don't see why this won't work, but I've never done it so if someone shares their experience I would be grateful!
Thanks in advance!

I've never heard of anybody attempting that. The reason most people softmod it is because it's easier/doesn't require a **** ton of tools/more chances of it working. IMO if you were to go that far I'd suggest chipping it. You can do a lot more with it that way. Seeing as you have the experience with that you'd be able to benefit from all of the extras.

Top Bottom
Login
Register