• Thread starter Frisco
  • Start date
  • Views 610
Frisco

I wMz LooNeZ I

Angels on our shoulders
Reaction score
Sin$
Microsoft is to announce a successor to the Xbox 360 at E3 next month, according to "a senior, trusted, well-placed" source.

The tipster, speaking to respected games industry publication Develop, said the new hardware was sent to EA last month - and that the publisher is getting to grips with the tech right now.

It's said to be a "very early build with no casing - it is in fact being stored inside a PC shell".

"Quite often when new consoles come around they're packaged into a PC shell, but actually what's inside is an entirely new console," the source said.

"Why let Nintendo steal the thunder in June [At E3]? It doesn't want to lose momentum. That's why I think Microsoft is rushing to make an announcement at E3."

Develop has been led to believe that the new Xbox will feature enhanced support for Kinect and will launch by the end of 2012.

The site's source added: "Kinect will keep the 360 going for a couple of years, but Microsoft knows that if it slows down now it will face trouble."

In March, Microsoft said it was looking for a 'hardware verification engineer', a 'VLSI graphics architect' and a 'VLSI performance architect' for work on what sounded very much like a next-gen console.

[ Source: Develop ]

B

Bongmantv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-8302-EA--Xbox-Successor-Story-is-a-Total-Fabrication.html

On Friday, a source of industry website, Develop, told the site that the Xbox’s successor was in the hands of an unnamed EA studio and that it could very well make a shock appearance at this year’s E3.

Speaking to Industry Gamers, EA’s VP of Corporate Communications, Jeff Brown, has come out of the woodwork to put the record straight.

“This story is a total fabrication,” said Brown, “100 percent not true,” although he would say that, surely?

In another corner of the internet though, Eurogamer’s unnamed “respected source” has told the site that an E3 2011 appearance of the next Xbox is “highly unlikely.”

Our E3 prediction... there will be games there... and maybe a few announcements. No “unnamed sources” here though, just good ol’ fashioned intuition.

Jamie

Jamie

JOLO (Jamie Only Lives Once)
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I just hope they make it perfect without any problems from day one. Features I would like to see are,

• Blu-Ray drive: With games getting bigger and better developers need more space on there disks. ( L.A Noire)
  • Ability to go Online and use the Xbox like a PC. If they want the Xbox to be a entertainment HUB then this is a must.
  • Sleek and stylist design: The Original Xbox 360 was to bland and boring if it looks like the new Xbox il be happy.
  • Enhanced Graphics: Who wouldn't want better Graphics in there games, so many games would benefit from this. (Forza Motorsport, Call Of Duty)
This is all I can think of now and there the only ones in my opinion that are most important to make the Xbox 720 a success, Oh and a release before the Playstation 4 if they want the Xbox 720 to sell well.

Tyler

Tyler

Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips &
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Why is it everyone wants a browser on it? Just makes you lazy. Use a computer.

Halo

Halo

AIDS for everyone
AzzidReign Jr Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
YES!!! Finally, new hardware. I've been waiting for this to happen for a while now, and I figured that they'd do something in response to the new Wii's impressive specs. Man, E3 is going to be insane this year.

Lewie4

Lewie4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I dont think that the new xbox will come out so closely after the xbox "slim" came out as well as kinect.

XandalorZ

DJ XandalorZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

It's not just that. It's the idea of having the "complete entertainment experience" which is what they've been pushing for for quite some time.

MickIsSick

MickIsSick

Sex, drugs & rock n' roll
Mr. Nice Guy Chatty Kathy
Reaction score
Sin$
Use less electricity ? Might not have a computer ? Someone else could be using it ? Doesn't mean there lazy.

lil BLu3 SMuRF

lil BLu3 SMuRF

Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
I want my Xbox 720 to have an Intel Quad-Core i7 Processor. :wink:

Visibly smart. :thumbup:

Top Bottom
Login
Register