VIP
VIP
Retired
Bright Idea Reporter Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
xbox-720-logo.jpg

Sony’s up as far as the next-generation consoles are concerned. They've been hitting the pages constantly with new information. From game titles and their pricing to cross-game chat and general console specification, the information has been flowing.
Sony’s adversary, Microsoft, has kept their mouths shut.
That’s about to change. An “inside” source has dropped some bombshells regarding, what may be called, the Xbox 720. This source, wishing to remain anonymous, has been given “hands-on” time with the console prototype. ““Microsoft has the prototypes monitored under a microscope and an air tight confidentiality clause.”
Even with these restrictions, the source was ballsy enough to give us with some information.
  • While no confirmation on an announcement date, E3 will be “Party Central” in the Xbox booth
  • The new ’720′ will have 3x the processing speed of the current 360
  • No hard release date but it looks like Holiday 2013
  • 2 launch versions. 320 GB Arcade / 500 GB Pro. Exact pricing is unknown
  • 1 TB HD available as a separate purchase
  • It will not include Blu-Ray
  • No picture was available as prototype consoles are packaged in a 360 slim
  • Case to “avoid complications” about the design until announcement
  • Tech Specs; AMD eight-core x64 1.6GHz CPU, Direct3d 11.x 8000MHz GPU, and 8GB of DDR3 RAM
  • Xbox Smartglass is still a feature in us
  • No word on Kinect 2.0
  • No word on “Immersive” technology being implemented
The core specifications have been rumored already, and this speculation supports that.
However, it’s still inferior to Sony’s PlayStation 4.
Come on Microsoft, no Blu-Ray?! If all of this is accurate, then I don’t doubt many 360 players showing a change of heart and stepping over to the wonderful side that Sony offers. The only thing that the two next-gen consoles have in common is the approximated release dates.
Keep in mind that this is just a speculation. But from time to time, rumors have been proven to be truthful. Judging from the list of information released above, Sony’s hasn't got a single worry. They’ve got the next-generation wrapped up tightly. Let's see how E3 will pan out.

Source is on this site

fat pat 666

fat pat 666

Lucifixture
MotM Jokester Greeter
Reaction score
Sin$
    so that might be the only thing new?

Hovi

Hovi

Aaron is forever my *****
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
IF this is accurate, Microsoft is seriously playing their cards wrong on this. This is significantly low it terms of specs when compared to the PS4. I just don't see it as possible that Blu-ray would not be included. Developers have already stated that the current disc size limits them. Unless they plan to use a disc similar to the Wii U's disc there is simply no way this would work. It would also take away from their "Media Hub" mentality that they have been pushing for. Quite honestly I just find this to be another leak that has been based purely on speculation.

Im Da Best

Im Da Best

The next best thing...
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Bright Idea Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm really surprised about the lack of blu-ray
They're going to at least need to come up with their own version, because the disks they are using now won't be good enough as the games improve.
I do like the way the logo looks blue, despite the fact that its probably just a simple photoshop change.

Monopolyman

Monopolyman

PC Gamer and Tech Enthusiast
Retired
Mr. Nice Guy Tutorial Creator Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh Mai Gawd... STAHP!

You should write something of your own in here, it's an interesting read but it;s always nice to see some creativity

Mosin

Mosin

In logic we reason.
Reaction score
Sin$
People speculate wayyy to much. I don't care to believe any of this until MS officially releases info.

People + Insiders + Interwebz = lol

Tyler

Tyler

Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips &
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh look...more information that is unconfirmed.

I'll believe the specs when Microsoft gives us them. People are trying too hard to act like their rumors are special.

UnKnownEntity

UnKnownEntity

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
this is just a copy and paste, no news here..this is just a rumor..hopefully no one believes it

Holy Jesus

Holy Jesus

Drunk MOTY 2011-14
Contest Sponsor Grammar Nazi Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
xbox-720-logo.jpg

Sony’s up as far as the next-generation consoles are concerned. They've been hitting the pages constantly with new information. From game titles and their pricing to cross-game chat and general console specification, the information has been flowing.
Sony’s adversary, Microsoft, has kept their mouths shut.
That’s about to change. An “inside” source has dropped some bombshells regarding, what may be called, the Xbox 720. This source, wishing to remain anonymous, has been given “hands-on” time with the console prototype. ““Microsoft has the prototypes monitored under a microscope and an air tight confidentiality clause.”
Even with these restrictions, the source was ballsy enough to give us with some information.
  • While no confirmation on an announcement date, E3 will be “Party Central” in the Xbox booth
  • The new ’720′ will have 3x the processing speed of the current 360
  • No hard release date but it looks like Holiday 2013
  • It will not include Blu-Ray
  • No picture was available as prototype consoles are packaged in a 360 slim
  • Case to “avoid complications” about the design until announcement
  • Tech Specs; AMD eight-core x64 1.6GHz CPU, Direct3d 11.x 8000MHz GPU, and 8GB of DDR3 RAM
  • Xbox Smartglass is still a feature in us
  • No word on Kinect 2.0
  • No word on “Immersive” technology being implemented
The core specifications have been rumored already, and this speculation supports that.

However, it’s still inferior to Sony’s PlayStation 4.
Come on Microsoft, no Blu-Ray?! If all of this is accurate, then I don’t doubt many 360 players showing a change of heart and stepping over to the wonderful side that Sony offers. The only thing that the two next-gen consoles have in common is the approximated release dates.
Keep in mind that this is just a speculation. But from time to time, rumors have been proven to be truthful. Judging from the list of information released above, Sony’s hasn't got a single worry. They’ve got the next-generation wrapped up tightly. Let's see how E3 will pan out.

Source is on this site

That's bulls*** unless they're doing away with optical media all together. They can't keep packaging games on DL discs they're already pushing it. Doesn't matter how good the console is you can't fit a hectic game on a 8.5 GB disc.

TheeVirgin

TheeVirgin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
they release information like this to f*** with us.. if blu-ray is still so popular and everyone wants ps4 for blu-ray then micro**** will most definitely atleast compete with them if not beat them down. sony has to release info otherwise we;d all be talking about xbox.

Karmaloop

Karmaloop

Reaction score
Sin$
I'll just wait till MS Releases the Info. Anything other than tag i'll wait MS puts out some official information. Even though I hate MS.

Top Bottom
Login
Register