What's new

Solved Xbox 360E 250GB Corona V5 - can't read NAND

M

mojojek

Reaction score
Hello guys!

I have a problem reading NAND. Corona V5 (I believe) NAND 16MB. I did my own programmer (tried 3 or 4 different ones with different length of cables) but I can't read NAND. Nandpro says everytime "Could not detect a flash controller". PC and LPT port is not an issue because I checked it with Trinity board and it reads / writes NAND without any problems. Checked as well solder points many times without any luck. This time I soldered all wires through the board and still no luck. Max length of wires now 5cm. Where's the problem?
I'm out of ideas :frown:

N

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Hello guys!

I have a problem reading NAND. Corona V5 (I believe) NAND 16MB. I did my own programmer (tried 3 or 4 different ones with different length of cables) but I can't read NAND. Nandpro says everytime "Could not detect a flash controller". PC and LPT port is not an issue because I checked it with Trinity board and it reads / writes NAND without any problems. Checked as well solder points many times without any luck. This time I soldered all wires through the board and still no luck. Max length of wires now 5cm. Where's the problem?
I'm out of ideas :frown:
https://i.gyazo.com/fa42342fe2eb21424ebb1658a559aaeb.png

Is RC210 bridged?

M

mojojek

Reaction score
Yes it is. There's a resistor there - didn't touch it. Should be bridged without a resistor or leave it as it is? Only missing are: R2C4 (kiosk), R2C7, R2C6 (bridged them for test but nothing changed).

R

rynax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
try using nandpro2.0b some Corona needs this version, later version doesn't work (2.0e)

M

mojojek

Reaction score
Tried nandpro 2.0a and 2.0b - still the same error and no connection. Must be something with the Corona board. I don't think I should use shorter wires (3cm, 2cm?). Anyone got any idea? Do You know the correct voltage on the J2C1 header?

Last edited:
K

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
Tried nandpro 2.0a and 2.0b - still the same error and no connection. Must be something with the Corona board. I don't think I should use shorter wires (3cm, 2cm?). Anyone got any idea? Do You know the correct voltage on the J2C1 header?
I Would Just Buy A J-R Programmer And Save Time / Hassle.

M

mojojek

Reaction score
Why do You think J-R programmer will help? It uses the same pins as my home made programmer. I did successful 2 Trinitys with it. I would buy programmer but I'm not sure its worth spending money. It must be something with the board (maybe some voltage is missing somewhere?).

R

rynax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe you can show the photos of your soldering, that will be easier to spot any problem

R

rynax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The soldering seems to be pretty good.
If you are confident on your lpt programmer and have't made the wrong connections to the spot,
maybe this board needs nandpro2.0b + USB SPI nand reader,
nandpro2.0b+ LPT doesn't work as well as other versions of nandpro

Top Bottom