What's new

Solved Xbox 360 wont update (not modded)

E

EveryBanana

Reaction score
Sin$
Over the years my xbox has had problems with the disc drive which I have been able to fix until recently. The disc drive wouldn't open/read discs or do anything so I decided to ditch it since most of the games I play anyways are on my HDD. Now the problem I face is the new dashboard update wont complete because I receive an error when its nearly done installing. I've looked up the error and seen people posting similar error codes, and it seems like the problem may be because I dont have my disc drive hooked up to the 360. Is there anything I can do besides ordering a new disc drive for me to install this update? I've read that people who have modded xboxs can download stuff on a USB to update their xbox, but I'm not sure if I would be able to do that as well since my xbox is not modded at all. If its possible to update through a USB can anyone walk me through it by providing the steps I would have to take? Any help will be very appreciated. Thank you.

Professional

Professional

Admin
Administrator
Hidden Devils
Programmer Bug Finder Supreme Bounty Hunter
Reaction score
Sin$
Over the years my xbox has had problems with the disc drive which I have been able to fix until recently. The disc drive wouldn't open/read discs or do anything so I decided to ditch it since most of the games I play anyways are on my HDD. Now the problem I face is the new dashboard update wont complete because I receive an error when its nearly done installing. I've looked up the error and seen people posting similar error codes, and it seems like the problem may be because I dont have my disc drive hooked up to the 360. Is there anything I can do besides ordering a new disc drive for me to install this update? I've read that people who have modded xboxs can download stuff on a USB to update their xbox, but I'm not sure if I would be able to do that as well since my xbox is not modded at all. If its possible to update through a USB can anyone walk me through it by providing the steps I would have to take? Any help will be very appreciated. Thank you.
Hey buddy! I've searched around and there is a small list of alternatives here for you. They will all work on a non-modded Xbox 360 console :smile:

E

EveryBanana

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the help professional, but I have tried that already and get the same error. Do you think I will have to buy a new disc drive and flash it in order to download the update?

Professional

Professional

Admin
Administrator
Hidden Devils
Programmer Bug Finder Supreme Bounty Hunter
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the help professional, but I have tried that already and get the same error. Do you think I will have to buy a new disc drive and flash it in order to download the update?
Maybe, you may not even need to flash it to be honest, I could be wrong though.

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
You just need a DVD drive to be attached. It doesn't need to be the right one for the console, but you do need one hooked up.

EliteConsoleModz

EliteConsoleModz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Husker is correct, if you dont have a dvd drive hooked up properly on an unmodded console, you will get an error code

Top Bottom
Login
Register