Xbox 360 Won't Turn Off

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Swaartbaard, Dec 3, 2008 with 9 replies and 559 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swaartbaard

Swaartbaard Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Has any one had this problem:

When i turn off my Xbox, the green lights dissapear but the Xbox is still on. It loses signal on the screen but it makes a noise as if it is on. The power adapter also shows the green light as apposed to the orange light whch indicates that it is on. If i unplug it at the back i get a brief flash of 3 red rings... But then it works fine if i plug it in again

Any help??

2. JackRules

JackRules SKC Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Is your controller charging? are you downloading anything from the market place? these will cause the xbox to idle, until the controller is charged, or the download is done.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Noupoi

Noupoi Contributor

Ratings:
    Or have you waited for a bit? Mine takes about 10 seconds after I press the power button to turn off.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Conquer

Conquer Member

Ratings:
    DUUUUDE!! mine has started to do the same thing, like when i push the power the lights go off but my intercooler is still running and everything but when i push the power button again it goes completely off

• Like Like x 1
  5. JoeMal

JoeMal Retired Retired

Ratings:
    This actually happens to me probably once a month...it'll stay on for a few minutes then randomly shut off...

Not sure what causes the issue..

• Like Like x 1
  6. Head Tax

Head Tax Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Ever since the update my console takes forever to turn off. I get the exact same thing as you only after about twenty seconds it fully turns off.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Xpargas

Xpargas Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Its probaby because of the intercooler, it ****s up the power port thingy

and it makes it more likely to RR0D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Saiyan

Saiyan Senior Member

Ratings:
    if anything is being downloaded, there is a play and charge kit with a controller plugged in, or an intercooler, the xbox stays on for a while after its turned off.

• Like Like x 1
  9. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Ratings:
    The new ones dont...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Shadoe

Shadoe Contributor

Ratings:
    Like said above, the Xbox 360 Idles if certain accessories are connected. If it still stays on. Then let it do it's thing. Not like anything bad will happen.

CLOSED

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.